Lurkers

I’m a lurker. I do read a lot of the posts here and learn from them, as well as reading pretty much every article that comes out.

The thing is, I’m still fat and weak compared to many of the guys here, so the way I see it is that I have zero valuable input. One day I will, but until then I’m happy to lurk and stay out of the threads.

I’m a lurker. Most of the time I’ll be reading a thread and I’ll have something to say, then someone else will beat me to it. So I end up not posting all together.

I lurk on weekends mostly. I’ll be the one in the corner of the bar staring at you. Yep.

I used to lurk. Then my posture improved, I ditched the glasses, got my braces off, my acne cleared up and I got a tan.

Thank you Enzyte!

I can see lurking in exercise or nutrition boards on here if you’re not too sure.

But, it just seems weird not to post in the GAL forum or something to at least have some interaction with other members.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
I lurk on weekends mostly. I’ll be the one in the corner of the bar staring at you. Yep. [/quote]

Oh so YOU’RE the guy who keeps staring at me in the bar. What’s ya problem, BRO?!

In fact, I’m going to go make a thread about people staring at me RIGHT NOW!

I have been registered since 2002 but only have like 300 posts because I simply don’t check the forums enough–so when i do have anything insightful to add, it has usually already been said…Really my posts are only going up now because i started a log

I avoid posting because my opinions usually just piss everyone off lol

[quote]SSC wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
I lurk on weekends mostly. I’ll be the one in the corner of the bar staring at you. Yep.

Oh so YOU’RE the guy who keeps staring at me in the bar. What’s ya problem, BRO?!

In fact, I’m going to go make a thread about people staring at me RIGHT NOW![/quote]

Well, If you really want to know it’s your outrageous sense of “style”.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
SSC wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:

[/quote]

Listen asshole. What my wife and I have is true love. Your muscles are clearly blocking blood flow to your brain. You’re lucky I can’t kick your ass over the internet, because I was in the military, so I’m considered a lethal weapon. Not the fourth one, but more like Lethal Weapon 1-3.

[quote]SSC wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
SSC wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:

Listen asshole. What my wife and I have is true love. Your muscles are clearly blocking blood flow to your brain. You’re lucky I can’t kick your ass over the internet, because I was in the military, so I’m considered a lethal weapon. Not the fourth one, but more like Lethal Weapon 1-3.[/quote]

More like Feeble Weapon if you ask me.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I used to lurk. Then my posture improved, I ditched the glasses, got my braces off, my acne cleared up and I got a tan.

Thank you Enzyte![/quote]

I’m still waiting for the acne to clear then I’ll join you all.

My excuse is the first posts are always the slowest.

i suppose i may aswell come out of the woodwork with the rest of the lurkers!

How many of you read other forums, I google search stuff once in awhile and sometimes click on other forums but dont like any of them.

T-Nation is the only forum i would want to read or post on.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
How many of you read other forums, I google search stuff once in awhile and sometimes click on other forums but dont like any of them.

T-Nation is the only forum i would want to read or post on.[/quote]

I’m definitely a lurker on Intense Muscle. I’d rather not get my ass handed to me every time I post, so I just sit back and read there.

As you said, once in a while I’ll do some google searches, but besides T-Nation and IM, I’m set.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I don’t get it. Why would someone “lurk” on a message board?

am I the only one that finds it odd?[/quote]

Since none of us that would respond are “lurkers” you may never find an answer to this question.

unless…?

From my perspective I don’t feel in a position to be offering any advice, in 20-30kg weight gain time, I may feel able to offer some advice. In the meantime I post the occasional question to clear up any issues I have and crack on with getting the job done in the gym and trying to get the job done in the kitchen (for me the bigger challenge).

I don’t feel weird and enjoy picking up information from the threads and articles in order to try and meet my goals. There are some people on the boards who tend to post and offer advice when even I, who am very new to lifting, can tell they blatantly don’t know what they are on about and I strive not to become one of these members.

what’s wrong with learning through observation? you can’t speak on subjects of which you have no experience. imo, the term lurker in the context of the internet is a bit of a misnomer; at the very least, a little dramatic. it’s just not that serious.

I look at it like this:

Most people do lurk. If you look at how many views a thread has, it’s usually more than the amount of replies.

Lurking is the answer to life itself.