T Nation

Lunk Alarm in PF & Other Gyms

Has anyone noticed my gym PF(planet fitness?) installed a lunk alarm? Its a large, blue flashing light with siren. I have never seen it go off before. What would set it off? Rowdy behavor? Two men fighting? Judging or teasing? Excessive grunting? Dropping the weights?

Who here has seen the lunk alarm go off, what did it look/sound like and the reason? What happened next?

this has been dsicussed ad nauseam. find a new gym

After the lunk alarm goes off the lunk police come out and drag you off to lunk prison.

Good Lunk at PF! (Yes, we know it’s really cheap. If you have to, you have to)

When you drop the weights and set the alarm off, calmly walk away, get a drink of water, and go to another location in the gym…

Throwing a 25 lb plate-cum-discus at the alarm tends to set it off.

The alarm goes off whenever a member manages to come in bigger or stronger than he was last time.

Don’t worry about hearing it.

Its a way to make weak insecure people feel better about themselves by humiliating people who actually train hard. Thus generating revenue for PF.

Lunk alarms and pizza days? why in the hell would anyone go to a gym like this? Who cares how cheap they are, unless they are free I wouldn’t want to give these people a penny of my money.

[quote]windex wrote:
Its a way to make weak insecure people feel better about themselves by humiliating people who actually train hard. Thus generating revenue for PF.[/quote]

Can anyone answer why when it became ok to make fun of people who like to train? I mind my business when I work out, if I’m too intimidating don’t watch I don’t bother them don’t bother me. Also I don’t really grunt when I work out anymore nor do I slam weights, if your slamming weights it’s too heavy lesson the load

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Can anyone answer why when it became ok to make fun of people who like to train?[/quote]

Why not? Everyone else gets made fun of…

[quote]vroom wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
Can anyone answer why when it became ok to make fun of people who like to train?

Why not? Everyone else gets made fun of…[/quote]

Because we are delicate flowers.