Lump At Injection Site

I have always lighly rubbed the area after the injection. But really…if you keep the injection amount under 2cc’s and use a smaller gauge pin you won’t get lumps. When I 1st started using I did not know better and was sticking myself with 22 and 23 gauge pins. I was always getting lumps.

Well, I did a quick search and I can’t find the site that I print my info from, but it is a nursing site and gives injection techniques and pictures of all sites. When I get it, I will post it. But anyway

You are NOT supposed to massage the injection site. This does not help anything, and may increase the chance of the oil “oozing” out of the muscle into other areas (under the skin, into fat, etc.). I know, I know … “but I have done this for years, man. you don’t know what you are talking about” Hey, I only get my info from the same place that health professionals get their info, not steroidjunkie.com.

There is also a technique called a Z-track method of injection. Basically you pull the skin tight over the injection spot, inject, and when you let go of the skin, the skin covers up the puncture hole. So you don’t have a straight punture wound leading from the skin right to the oil. It gets covered up with the skin and makes a “Z” shape. This minimizes leaking and bleeding.

But I guess it can be bad for you if you make a crappy injection … because you will bleed and might get a clot … which will turn into a slight lump. Maybe google “z-track” method of injection and see for yourself (the diagrams make it easy to see). And you might find a good site that addresses the issue of massaging the site.

Well I have been wrong before.I’m man enough to stand corrected.Give me some backing when you find it.I would like to read it.My source was a man that competed for the usa last year.he also holds the title M.D. …he is a doctor.

biscuite

Massaging is only recommended with rapidly absorbed injections. Oil based steroid injections typically don’t qualify as “rapidly absorbed”.
What is recommended is to apply PRESSURE to the site after injection with an alcohol swab to minimize leakage. But massaging is not recommended.
Here is the site. It is a good reference for everyone. Gives tips on all types of injections (intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular), and also talks about the z-track method. Also, gives diagrams on injection sites.
http://www.nursing-standard.co.uk/archives/ns/vol13-39/v13w39p4753.pdf#search=‘Intramuscular%20injection%20technique%2C%20nursingstandard’

Thank you latimus.That is what I came here for.To learn and if I can,to help.

Biscuite

Well, hey. No problem. That’s why we are all here. Hope that link helps (hope it works).

thats is a ton of gear to be injecting at once, the needle size is average, your putting to much fluid in the muscle at once, try splitting your injection into 2 sites. you need to go to the ER if it doesnt go away soon, get a heating pad and do some more research bro, how many times a week are you injecting that much ?
is it red & hot ? that is the 1st sign of an infection, so many ppl think that if they do their injection, the way the ppl do it on youtube then they are fine, aint so, so many ppl, are moving the needle like a joystick and just creating scar tissue, gotta do your research ppl…c’mon your are putting a STRONG hormone in your body and 500mg at once is a lot, what are your stats ?? age ?? damn bro there are better ways

bad couple days lol, think he would know if he hit a nerve, send you right thru the roof, my buddy did that, gotta know what your doing with this stuff its serious, so many younger kids are killing there receptors and dont have a clue, the guy at the gym or whoever your getting it from is about the money not so much making sure what your doing is correct, gotta educate yourself, and know where to inject, sub q is just as good as IM with a lot less pain and discomfort…levels stay just as high, doctors suggest IM injections bc that the way its been done for years but new research shows sub q is just as reliable and a lot easier too

I love that you just replied to a 10 year old thread. . .

22g pinning, did i read that right? man that sounds painful especially if your not steady

Anyway the lump is normal, its because of many factors contributing from the way you are pinning all the way to the type of oil in the test and compound itself. If it is pink and warm to the touch as well as itchy it is just scar tissue, ignore the area, get yourself a thinner needle and 1" is enough for glutes imo, and pin somewhere else.

holy fuck bro i just read that, welp OP is probably well now no need to reply to the thread lol!

Based on this I must have been doing it wrong for the last 20yrs. I draw with a 19g and in with a 21g.

And I may or may not have chucked 4.5ml of oil into my delt yesterday with no lump, redness or pain whatsoever.

All told horses for courses, but I loathe glute and quad shots. I prefer the pecs and delts.

And great work on reviving the 10yo thread!