Luke Lowery's Jump Program?

Has anybody seen this program? My step mom who is a volleyball coach asked me to look into it. I read the website and he is claiming he can at least improve vert by 6 inches in 6 weeks, but he says that this is just the beginning. He says he can DOUBLE!!! your vertical. One guy said he went from 26 to 48 inches. I have SERIOUS doubts on this but was wondering if anybody as seen or done it before I say it is bullshit
Thanks

Don’t.

The guy hasn’t got any proof.

He sees the one legged back extension as the main core exercise, one the best exercises for vertical jump. Nuff said.

Bullshit, the guy is a scam artist. A damn good one, but a scam artist.

I would check out Kelly B’s manual or Eric Cressey’s manual or DeFranco’s DVD- much more applicable, useful, and proven information

I am a coach at a volleyball club and we use a lot of the bodyweight stuff from Kelly’s VJB before or after practices. Our teams only lift one day a week (due to time/money space constraints) so that bodyweight stuff is definitly useful, especially with a lot of the younger kids who lack basic coordination and movement skills.

I went and bought his program last summer mostly because I couldn’t resist. So much flagrant b.s. coming from this guy that I had to have a look. The program is pretty tough. I followed it for the 16 weeks. You end up working out 6 days per week and by trying to better your ‘upn’ number it kicks your butt. If anything I felt pretty overtrained by the program. I did get about 6 inches in vert improvement after the 16 weeks were up. It is not all body weight training.

There are alot of ‘explosive’ type movements in the program: Light weights done fast. Some one leg variations are pretty tough to do. When compared with Kelly B this program has a hell of a lot more volume. So all in all, I guess it can work. But it is not the end all in training. Would I buy it again? Not for the price I paid. There are just as good of programs that are much cheaper. Besides some secret German training society is buying up all his secrets so you are probably too late :slight_smile:

Guaranteed 50 Inch Vertical Jump!!!

Written by vern gambetta
Saturday, 15 July 2006

The Bullshitake detector went off the scale on this one.
They guarantee a 50 inch vertical jump. In another place they guarantee to double your vertical jump! They have the secret and if you pay enough you too can get the secret. Off course the program only costs $447.00 if your order early, it goes up to $697.00 if you miss the deadline.

This is the biggest heap of Bull Shitake I have ever seen. Do they understand what a 50 inch vertical jump is? I have tested Michael Jordan and he is not even close. The best I have ever tested on a Vertec is Mike Cameron, Center Fielder for the San Diego Padres, when he was with the White Sox. His vertical was 39.5 inches. He is a great athlete!
The greatest improvement I have ever had an athlete make was in six months, Mike Heathcot a pitcher with the White Sox, improved from 28.5 inches to 39 inches.

There was no magic there, just a lot of hard work. What is amazing is that people get sucked into this hype and BS. There is no secret. If you want to improve your vertical jump ? JUMP! Cut out all aerobic work. Lifting must be carefully cycled with the jumping. Realistic improvement if you have good explosive qualities is a 3 inch improvement in a three month period.

I would actually like to state that i actually went to university and tertiary study with Luke, due to the contary belief, we are not the same person, i use to be very active on the message boards providing bodybuilding and sports specific help since about 1997.

Luke is probably the most gited person i have ever met with this training in mind. We wrote our first program together called VU if anyone has heard of the success of that program. For its time, it was teaching things that not even professional AFL werent even doing.

i challenge anyone to take him a debate about the science of vertical jump, and the bodies electricity, as well as holistic health.

Those of you who have heard of me back in the day a reserves grade footballer for professional team carlton, would know, im 180cms, 95kg with a vertical jump of 41 inches off first step. It didnt happen by itself.

Any program that gives you a number before you even start is total bullshit. All of these claims seem to be taken from the training of untrained individuals. Any program will “double your vert” in 60 days if youve never trained before.

These claims are just ridiculous. I am 270lbs, squat close to 3x bodyweight, and have been measured at a 38inch vertical, does that mean that I would have a 76inch jump after this program? 6 inches in 60 days? Horse shit.

I’m sure this guy did go to college, thats where the best bullshitters go to practice. I should know, I am still here.

[quote]Aussieboy1998 wrote:
I would actually like to state that i actually went to university and tertiary study with Luke, due to the contary belief, we are not the same person, i use to be very active on the message boards providing bodybuilding and sports specific help since about 1997.

Luke is probably the most gited person i have ever met with this training in mind. We wrote our first program together called VU if anyone has heard of the success of that program. For its time, it was teaching things that not even professional AFL werent even doing.

i challenge anyone to take him a debate about the science of vertical jump, and the bodies electricity, as well as holistic health.

Those of you who have heard of me back in the day a reserves grade footballer for professional team carlton, would know, im 180cms, 95kg with a vertical jump of 41 inches off first step. It didnt happen by itself. [/quote]

You’re full of shit.
Amazing how you joined after posting too.

Luke Lowrey the self promoting prophet of the Vertical Leap Project. Here are a few facts about Luke Lowrey.

• He sat on the bench for Bulleen ABA
  • Never played any minutes or even suited up for the Victorian Titans.
  • Never approached by any college or NBA team (my god what a lot of shit)
  • His qualifications in any fitness area is a gym instructor
  • He has never had any previous or further studies in human performance
  • Any trainer who works with atheltes is happy to name them as it gives them credibility
  • He moved to the USA and created this world of lies so as to sell a product based on his bull shit
    Is The Vertical Project a scam? I’ve never given it the time of day, however everything else Luke has created about himself is BS so we’ll let you guys be the judge…

PS. I went looking online for Luke’s playing stats but couldn’t find them yet. In the meantime here is an interview I found from 7 or 8 years ago. The facts and Luke’s attitude seem fairly accurate from my memory…
http://www2b.abc.net.au/basketball/forum/newposts/62/topic62305.shtm

Why is this in the Powerlifting forum?

Kelly Bagget.