Luke Cummo's Prep For UFC 69

“I started another Nutritional Fast today, so last night I began with the whole food plant-based enzymes*. The basic ones are Evacu-ease: detox and elimination, Digest-aid: softens and loosens stones and clears plaque, and Wildzymes: stone-softening and digestion”

“I also did a castor pack on the right side of my abdomen for about an hour before I went to sleep. To do the castor pack, a 4"x4” piece of wool flannel is saturated in castor oil and then placed over the gallbladder/liver. Then its covered in plastic wrap and heat is added in the form of a hot water bottle. I lay on my side on the bottle on a couple of pillows."

Should we have expected anything less from a man who employs a C.H.E.K. Practitioner and whose biggest hero is Bruce Lee?

http://www.lukecummo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10

More Cummo-isms:

“I took a pic of my “harvest” this morning. This means the gallstones I picked out of my poop with chopsticks. I only took the biggest ones out and they were fairly small compared to what I’ve gotten in the past. I’ll probably do another flush in a week.”

" didn’t eat anything all day except enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and a little unheated honey. I did a bunch of castor packs as these contribute to half the success of the cleanse. In the mid afternoon I alternately sipped a bunch of olive oil and lemon juice. This flushes out the liver and gallbladder and is easily the most repulsive thing I’ve ever tasted. Then I did a coffee enema which dilates the sphincter of Oddi, the opening of the gallbladder"

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Wow he’s into it. Exactly why I’m not sure, but he’s into it.[/quote]

He’s the welterweight runner up from The Ultimate Fighter, Season 2. Wears a ninja hood to the ring.

He out lasted everyone easily in the iron chair. Even out lasted the ‘wrestler’ guy that is a monster…

Koing

he also punched rocks on that show to condition his fists…sweet.

Unique SOB. Cummo is good for the sport.

ewe I hope he gets knocked out, just so people don’t think this is the right way to prepare for a fight.

The last thing we need is a bunch of punks wearing Tapout shirts picking stones out of their poo with chopsticks

[quote]KO421 wrote:
ewe I hope he gets knocked out, just so people don’t think this is the right way to prepare for a fight.[/quote]

He’s 4-4 in the UFC, with all 4 loses having gone the distance. Not tapped out, not knocked out. What he’s doing, however unconventional, is working for him. A smidge of respect would be nice.

I’m actually thinking about meeting up with his trainer, Mike Jocson, to interview him and talk about his methods, because he’s fairly close.

I like the guy.

He’s definitely a unique character and I can say I haven’t seen any of his fights that I did not enjoy!

Who’s he fighting at UFC 69 (I hope it’s not an undercard)?

[quote]Koing wrote:
He out lasted everyone easily in the iron chair. Even out lasted the ‘wrestler’ guy that is a monster…

Koing[/quote]

whats the iron chair?

I’ve watched his fights and enjoyed them, I just don’t understand some peoples obsseion with shit and cleansing

[quote]allNatural wrote:

whats the iron chair?[/quote]

A.K.A. Wall Sit A.K.A. Skier’s Squat A.K.A. Damn near the most deceptively torturous thing you can do in the weight room. Hold the position in the above pic for max time. Sometimes dropping a bit deeper into the squat as time goes on.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Who’s he fighting at UFC 69 (I hope it’s not an undercard)?[/quote]

Josh Haynes from The Ultimate fighter Season 3. He’s the former 300+ pound dude with the blue sort-of mohawk who lost to Michael Bisping in the finale. It should be a killer stand-up fight. Both guys have some heavy hands, but I think Luke has better leg work (especially in the clinch) and better ground work (thanks to Matt Serra, baby!)

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
allNatural wrote:

whats the iron chair?

A.K.A. Wall Sit A.K.A. Skier’s Squat A.K.A. Damn near the most deceptively torturous thing you can do in the weight room. Hold the position in the above pic for max time. Sometimes dropping a bit deeper into the squat as time goes on.

Ruggerlife wrote:
Who’s he fighting at UFC 69 (I hope it’s not an undercard)?

Josh Haynes from The Ultimate fighter Season 3. He’s the former 300+ pound dude with the blue sort-of mohawk who lost to Michael Bisping in the finale. It should be a killer stand-up fight. Both guys have some heavy hands, but I think Luke has better leg work (especially in the clinch) and better ground work (thanks to Matt Serra, baby!)[/quote]

Haynes is a tough guy, but you’re right, I think Cummo is more well-rounded and should have a slight edge.

I think we need to see a Riggs-Haynes battle of the former 300-pounders fight sometime soon.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
KO421 wrote:
ewe I hope he gets knocked out, just so people don’t think this is the right way to prepare for a fight.

He’s 4-4 in the UFC, with all 4 loses having gone the distance. Not tapped out, not knocked out. What he’s doing, however unconventional, is working for him. A smidge of respect would be nice.[/quote]

I guess you missed the memo. People who have neither fought nor trained a champion nonetheless know best how fighters should train. We are in the Era of the Internet Expert.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

Who’s he fighting at UFC 69 (I hope it’s not an undercard)? [/quote]

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Matt Serra
Roger Huerta Vs. Leonard Garcia
Diego Sanchez Vs. Josh Koscheck
Yushin Okami Vs. Mike Swick
Alan Belcher Vs. Kendall Grove
Brad Imes Vs. Heath Herring
Thales Leites Vs. Pete Sell
Marcus Davis Vs. Pete Spratt
Josh Haynes Vs. Luke Cummo

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I think we need to see a Riggs-Haynes battle of the former 300-pounders fight sometime soon.[/quote]

Haha, that’d be awesome. Then Joe Stevenson can take the winner, since he “only” used to be 200-something.

The pic of Riggs above is from January 2004, and he’s a light-heavyweight. So, figure it’s 205-ish.

That pic of Diesel is at 205, hes been fighting at 170lbs for about 18 months now. He didnt make weight for his title shot against Hughes & he had the shit Kimura’d out of him anyway for his troubles anyway. I think he weighed in at his first fight at 300lbs. For those of you interested, Billy Rush is the nutrition guru priased with him down over 100lbs…

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:
KO421 wrote:

He’s 4-4 in the UFC, with all 4 loses having gone the distance. Not tapped out, not knocked out. What he’s doing, however unconventional, is working for him. A smidge of respect would be nice.

I guess you missed the memo. People who have neither fought nor trained a champion nonetheless know best how fighters should train. We are in the Era of the Internet Expert.[/quote]

And you are the king of it