Lr3-IGF1 For Tendonosis?

Hello to all,

I’ve got a lovely case of tendonosis (NOT tendonitis)in the outer portion of my right upper forearm, in the elbow area. If I make a fist and roll it upward as if twisting the throttle on a motorcycle I feel a GOOD deal of pain.

I have had this for several months, thusly it is not tendonitis, and it is quite bothersome. The pain is constant and is interfering with bicep training.

My doc diagnosed tendonitis and gave me cortisone injections which were somewhat effective but have “worn off”. My reading leads me towards tendonosis, would IGF-1 help regenerate tissue in this area? I read an article where a small amount of an inflammatory agent was injected into the area to stimulate healing.

The theory is that inflammation causes the body to call for repairs to the affected area? I believe it is an experimental procedure and probably not covered by insurance as of yet.

Would a cycle or more of IGF-1 be of any help?
Thanks all in advance, Tim

oh i see… you do all that Altered? Me too! Not on your level, but i am a qualified sports therapist, will a little experience - although i am not practicing.

OP - what Alt. has described is absolutely perfect… the frictions break down the tissue again - yeah, its painful… so? - and with stretches to the area - and the bar work, along with regular stpipping up the muscle, it allows the scar tissue to align itself so as to be even more stronger, laid more parallel rather than a criss-cross-mish-mash (which is a very important technical term).

Is that correct Altered?

Brook

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Bushido got it partly right.

However he forgot to mention the calcific changes that are prone to occur within the tendinous portion of the origin (pre-muscle belly) of the ECRB.

Crossfriction and strippig help to prevent the buildup of these deposits.

The tendon of insertion of the supraspinatus is also noted for such changes.

Bushido, I suggest you do some more reading ;)[/quote]

Bushy just got owned :wink: if that is possible!

smirk