Lowest Effective HCG Dose - User Experiences

Hey fellas,

I have read the studies and understand that 250iu twice a week is considered the standard when adding HCG to a TRT regimen. My body (nips) hate HCG… and from what I gather around the internet, I am not alone. The stuff is like gyno in a bottle for me. Even controlling estrogen (knocking it down to an E2 of 5) I have trouble. Anyway, I’ve seen a few guys say even 250iu twice a week is too much, and they run lower.

When I say effective, I mean, effective dose at keeping testes reasonably intact.

Do any of you have experience with the lower doses? Ex. 100iu twice a week. Or some type of every day dose?

Thanks!
Jim

[quote]Jimstigator wrote:
Hey fellas,

I have read the studies and understand that 250iu twice a week is considered the standard when adding HCG to a TRT regimen. My body (nips) hate HCG… and from what I gather around the internet, I am not alone. The stuff is like gyno in a bottle for me. Even controlling estrogen (knocking it down to an E2 of 5) I have trouble. Anyway, I’ve seen a few guys say even 250iu twice a week is too much, and they run lower.

When I say effective, I mean, effective dose at keeping testes reasonably intact.

Do any of you have experience with the lower doses? Ex. 100iu twice a week. Or some type of every day dose?

Thanks!
Jim[/quote]

Subscribed !

When I used 150iu/weekly in the last couple weeks the gyno was receding. Whether its coincidental or not I honestly cannot say however my T+anastrozole protocol was unchanged.

My doc switched me to 50mg clomiphene EOD + 50mg T cyp E3D + 0.5mg anastrozole E3D. I’m going to use less though and go 25mg clomid E3D - 40mg T cyp E3D

Have you tried clomiphene?

A few years back, my Dr tried me on a Clomid restart and I basically just cried everyday. It was bad. I moved to Nolvadex and it got my TT to 900 very quickly. The thing is, I can’t get off them, else I just crash again. And both give me major sexual sides. For a while I just stuck it out, but its a miserable existence to have no libido for 3 straight years.

I remember seeing your thread about gyno and HCG. So when you lowered the dose, the gyno started to go away? How did your boys feel on 150iu a week? I have an appointment with the Dr next week. In the mean time, I am going to try 100iu HCG twice a week, else something like 50iu QD. I just have a feeling I am hyper responsive to HCG. I literally lose my appetite for 2-3 days after every HCG shot and feel like death.

Bums me out since I just started TRT recently, and read so many great things about HCG. When I stopped HCG after two weeks of misery, and just did 100mg test a week, I was on top of the world for a few days. Tried to add HCG back in at 200iu twice a week, and lower test dose to 70, due to the expected testosterone bump I get from HCG, and I feel like garbage again.

Without HCG, great, with HCG, hell.

-Jim

At 150iu/wk the gyno was receding but so were the boys. I just didn’t want to stop altogether and at the same time I was curious what might change. Maybe 100-150 2 or 3x/wk is sufficient for over responders.

I heard about the emotional/sexual sides of clomiphene and not cool with that at all. Should I reduce my dose even more just in case? What dose were you on for clomid and was that your only medication? Having the AI and T might make all the difference.

I can say for me - any dose of both Clomid and Nolva destroys my libido. I don’t remember the Clomid dose, but Nolva was as low as 2.5mg EOD. For reference, most people start at like 40mg a day. But… the second I stopped even that dose, my production stopped again. I just couldn’t get the restarts to hold.

.25mg Clomid daily seems to be pretty standard.

-Jim

200iu a month does it for me. Basically one HCG injection a month.

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
200iu a month does it for me. Basically one HCG injection a month. [/quote]

Really?! A single injection, of 200iu a month, is keeping your boys ok? I suppose that’s good news, as even 400iu a week is killing me.

-Jim

Wow.

I was about to ask this same question … does anyone have any updated info?

I would not have guessed that 200 / month would be anywhere near effective

Wow, old thread! 4 years and two kids later, I still go with 50-70iu every other day combined in a single syringe with my testosterone. Any less than 50 EOD and my testes start to get a little sore.

1 Like

Have you maintained fertility on that low of an HCG dose?

Have you had any sides regarding HCG?

I am going to drop my 250 EOD to 100 … only been on for 9 days now but had moodiness first week