Lowest Crime Cities Have Huge Immigrant Populations and Vice Versa

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

which all those cases against clergyman in the Catholic Church weren’t for pedophilia, they were for molesting 11-17 year olds[/quote]

Well, they were over 11 so thats OK then.
[/quote]

Amazing inference skills, but you’re incorrect. What I was pointing out is that some of the priests were attracted to young people that looked like full grown adults…which I have seen many people on this site joke about having sexual relations with underage people…I was pointing out that his indignation is unfounded if he’s not equally indignant about people on this site who verbally talk about doing the samething.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

^Maximus, is that where you get your info on the Catholic Church? It would explain quite a bit.[/quote]

Half the time I don’t even remember Chick when I hear this stuff.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
Yeah, where do people get these ridiculous ideas from? Next you’ll be telling me that they used to promise salvation from eternal damnation in exchange for money?!
[/quote]

If you know anything about purgatory, then you’d know that no one promised salvation from eternal damnation in exchange for money. They promised to do indulgence for the person (for money) so as to shorten or completely get rid of time in purgatory. Has nothing to do with salvation.

[quote]
The pope actively covered up child abuse numerous times, this is well known. I don’t know whether to laugh or be outraged by the idea there’s some distinction between a pedophile and someone that molests minors.[/quote]

You say this is well known, but no one has provided any evidence that Pope Benedict XVI (The Pope, with a capital P) was neglectful of the situation when it was his duty.

And, you still have yet to address the article…amazing fucking Ad hominem.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I have no dog in this fight, but it occurs to me that I’ve heard A LOT more about molestation by Catholic clergy than other clergy.

Why would that be?

Oh, and I wonder if the real correlation isn’t between city size and “safety.” Since it would seem most “immigrants” (both legal and not) would tend to settle in larger cities, there APPEARS to be a correlation, perhaps?[/quote]

Because real Americans are Baptists, Methodists, and other assorted WASP groups who are proud of one thing, and one thing alone: they are not “papists.”

Never mind statistics that show sexual abuse is just as rampant in Protestant groups, and even worse in public schools, as long as all are united against dem pope worshipin fag cathlicks, we are all good.

To anyone who will throw a hissy fit that I am citing wikipedia, look at these cool little numbers in the article, they will refer you down to the bottom of the page which is filled with citations, read em.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I have no dog in this fight, but it occurs to me that I’ve heard A LOT more about molestation by Catholic clergy than other clergy.

Why would that be? >>>?[/quote]This does seem to be the case and it’s no secret that I am no fan of the church of Rome. However I don’t generally like to use this as a point of attack against it. I don’t even know if I have a fully rational reason other than it just seems cheap to me. For one thing it says nothing about the theology of the church. It’s a low blow even though I also do see it carrying weight on some level.

There have been perverts exposed (no pun) in other churches as well and I also wouldn’t like the whole population being condemned when their doctrine clearly condemns this behavior. There is something to the notion that Rome does seem to have to have their back against the wall to take meaningful action against these predators though.

Still I don’t know. I just don’t like to do that routine. Maybe I’ll post the CNN special called “What did the Pope Know” about what Ratzinger knew about all these cases in his pre pontiff days. I’ve had it for weeks and just never published it. I know it’s CNN, but they did seem to do their homework. Maybe it’d be interesting.

I have no idea how this thread wound up here and I’m going to go out on a limb and bet that Chris wasn’t headed this way, but see what you guys think of this. To be clear I would never intentionally advance a cause based on falsehood. Not even against the RCC which I would love to see disappear. I only went through this once and I haven’t done any of my own research so I don’t know how accurate anything is.
What the Pope Knew
http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php/topic,234.new.html#new

Dixie,

My information comes from reading the Bible, plenty of times, I was born in Rome, think you can get more Roman-Catholic than that ? If you feel the urge to keep hackin’ on me, let me know, I think we can work something out.

BC,

I support the very idea of religion being between you and your creator, and not letting anyone else get in between that. My beef with the Catholic church is it’s active role in protecting known pedophiles, even going so far to insinuate that such men of the cloth should be immune from prosecution of our laws. They are enabling the problem to continue, when they should be the first to condemn it. People who hold so much responsibility should be setting the example, not the exception.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dixie,

My information comes from reading the Bible, plenty of times, I was born in Rome, think you can get more Roman-Catholic than that ? If you feel the urge to keep hackin’ on me, let me know, I think we can work something out.
[/quote]

You’re Catholic?

[quote]
BC,

I support the very idea of religion being between you and your creator, and not letting anyone else get in between that. My beef with the Catholic church is it’s active role in protecting known pedophiles, even going so far to insinuate that such men of the cloth should be immune from prosecution of our laws. They are enabling the problem to continue, when they should be the first to condemn it. People who hold so much responsibility should be setting the example, not the exception. [/quote]

Well if that is what you believe that is fine; however, my religion involves the beautiful and holy mother Catholic Church and her saints. She did give us a the Bible after all.

Who says they should be immune to prosecution? Show me, I’ve not heard of this.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dixie,

BC,

I support the very idea of religion being between you and your creator, and not letting anyone else get in between that. My beef with the Catholic church is it’s active role in protecting known pedophiles, even going so far to insinuate that such men of the cloth should be immune from prosecution of our laws. They are enabling the problem to continue, when they should be the first to condemn it. People who hold so much responsibility should be setting the example, not the exception. [/quote]

So you accept the Bible, which was compiled by the Catholic Church, but reject the interpretations and teachings of the Church Fathers who compiled it after sitting at the feet of the Apostles who sat at the feet of Jesus Christ Himself? Interesting jump in logic.

hacking? lolz.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dixie,

BC,

So you accept the Bible, which was compiled by the Catholic Church, but reject the interpretations and teachings of the Church Fathers who compiled it after sitting at the feet of the Apostles who sat at the feet of Jesus Christ Himself? Interesting jump in logic.

hacking? lolz.[/quote]

For the Lulz.

hacking? lolz.[/quote]

There’re many versions of the Bible.

hacking? lolz.[/quote]

There’re many versions of the Bible.[/quote]

That all came from the original, compiled by the Catholic Church.

hacking? lolz.[/quote]

There’re many versions of the Bible.[/quote]

That all came from the original, compiled by the Catholic Church.[/quote]

That’s a rather unjustifiable and gross simplification of the development of the Bible, which from my understanding as a non-believer was a long and complicated process. I don’t think you can argue that all versions of the Bible come from the Catholic version by any means given that many of them are based on the original Greek and Hebrew texts.

<<< That’s a rather unjustifiable and gross simplification of the development of the Bible, which from my understanding as a non-believer was a long and complicated process. I don’t think you can argue that all versions of the Bible come from the Catholic version by any means given that many of them are based on the original Greek and Hebrew texts.[/quote]I am not a Catholic… like really NOT a Catholic, but you have no idea what you’re talking about. Which is fine, there’s no particular reason why you should. Do yourself a favor and quit now.

Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of praying to Mary or the saints.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dixie,

[/quote]

You’re Catholic?

[quote]
BC,

Well if that is what you believe that is fine; however, my religion involves the beautiful and holy mother Catholic Church and her saints. She did give us a the Bible after all.

Who says they should be immune to prosecution? Show me, I’ve not heard of this. [/quote]

Yes I accept the Bible, yet reject the idea of confessing my sins to a human who can do nothing for me but tell me to say 10 Our Fathers and 5 Hail Marys. And u really believe this absolves you?..really? Why not take it to your Lord in prayer, feel genuine remorse and learn from your errors. Such a novel idea from a man with “interesting logic.”

quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dixie,

BC,

hacking? lolz.[/quote]

Ya really don’t wanna do this. I tried it n you won’t dig it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Ya really don’t wanna do this. I tried it n you won’t dig it.[/quote]

Rofl. Nice of you to try and warn him!