Lower Trap Problems

to give you some info, I had c5-c6 fusion over a year ago & shoulder impingment surgery (no tears) 7 months ago.About threee months ago i had snapping scapula,but found a great therapist & he pretty much fixed all my issues. The only thing I still have problem with is my lower traps.I do alot of wall slides band pull down but still don’t see a diffrence…

Wanted to no if any one had any other options? Currently i train boxing twice a week, & weights three times a week
Chest: push ups only normal,on balls, with external rotation one hand elevated (on a 25 lb. plate)
Legs:
front squats
pull throughs
rack pulls
calve raises
all 4 sets of 15 reps
Back:external/internal rotations
Neutral grip face pulls, high pulls
Rhomboid pulls, incline shrugs,seated rows
all 4 sets 15 reps
standing rope pull down (2 sets of 15 reps)
supplements Flameout, bcaa, glutamine,Surge,ZMA

Chin Ups. Focus on squeezing your shoulder blades back and together. Also maintain good posture, chest out, shoulders back.

Dip Shrugs. Get on a dip bar and keep your elbows locked out. Lower your body (it will look like you are shrugging) and then use your lower traps to raise yourself again.

Straight arm chinups. Same idea as dip shrug. Keep your arms straight and focus on squeezing your shoulder blades back and together.

Avoid doing conventional shrugs until the problem is fixed.

Also make sure you are squeezing your shoulder blades back and together on your rowing exercises. Some people use a substitution pattern in which they pinch their shoulder blades up and together, effectively using their upper traps instead of their rhomboids. This will just make you strength imbalance worse.

Finally, make sure you maintain good posture 24/7. It will do you no good to strengthen your lower traps if you do not use them in everyday life.

Hope that helps.

[quote]BigBen72 wrote:
Chin Ups. Focus on squeezing your shoulder blades back and together. Also maintain good posture, chest out, shoulders back.

Dip Shrugs. Get on a dip bar and keep your elbows locked out. Lower your body (it will look like you are shrugging) and then use your lower traps to raise yourself again.

Straight arm chinups. Same idea as dip shrug. Keep your arms straight and focus on squeezing your shoulder blades back and together.

Avoid doing conventional shrugs until the problem is fixed.

Also make sure you are squeezing your shoulder blades back and together on your rowing exercises. Some people use a substitution pattern in which they pinch their shoulder blades up and together, effectively using their upper traps instead of their rhomboids. This will just make you strength imbalance worse.

Finally, make sure you maintain good posture 24/7. It will do you no good to strengthen your lower traps if you do not use them in everyday life.

Hope that helps. [/quote]

Thanks alot i also do alot of foam rolling for my spine, I’ve lately been getting pain in my brachialis, When i massage it i fell popping sound at my scapula.