Lower Back

Ever since I started lifting (1 year ago), I’ve had this problem in my back. Whenever I lift my legs, or any type of movement similar where my lower back takes the pressure (doesn’t happen while I’m lifting), I get this popping sound near my lower back. There is no pain at all, but it feels awkward, and is pretty loud. It seems to be coming from in between my lower abs and my lower back. I know it’s coming from far inside, because I can’t feel the poping with my hand.

I’ve been training smart, and I keep the motions even so I don’t get imbalances. Although my squat is only 2/3 of my deadlift, and I think my lower back is stronger than my abs.

Does any one know what is wrong with me? Any Idea of what I could do to fix this problem? After my lacrosse season, I’m going to try out the Nienderthaul (sp?) No More program.

Thanks for your help

[quote]vision1 wrote:
Ever since I started lifting (1 year ago), I’ve had this problem in my back. Whenever I lift my legs, or any type of movement similar where my lower back takes the pressure (doesn’t happen while I’m lifting), I get this popping sound near my lower back. There is no pain at all, but it feels awkward, and is pretty loud. It seems to be coming from in between my lower abs and my lower back. I know it’s coming from far inside, because I can’t feel the poping with my hand.

I’ve been training smart, and I keep the motions even so I don’t get imbalances. Although my squat is only 2/3 of my deadlift, and I think my lower back is stronger than my abs.

Does any one know what is wrong with me? Any Idea of what I could do to fix this problem? After my lacrosse season, I’m going to try out the Nienderthaul (sp?) No More program.

Thanks for your help [/quote]

strange, i tought i was the only one who had that! i have the same thing, the difference is that i have hernia in my lower back that i was able to overcome it doing lot’s of lower back work and abs, and my lower back is stronger than my abs, maybe i need to get even stronger, it doesn’t bother me either, it’s just strange… the days that my lower back is hurting it’s because of excessive training… maybe you should see a doctor too, i just discovered i had hernia after long time…

Maybe I should see my doctor. But doesn’t a hernia come with pain?

BUMP

I know it isn’t exactly a strength question, but any help would be appreciated.

[quote]vision1 wrote:
BUMP

I know it isn’t exactly a strength question, but any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

If it’s not bothering you, leave it alone. It seems to be mentally bothering you more than anything. I can understand, to a degree. Sometimes my body sounds like a popcorn machine when I get under some weight. My only advice is to get a weight belt and be one of those guys (ya’ know). I had problems with my knees popping while doing squats. I bought some knee wraps and I haven’t heard many pops since… it’s something to ponder.