Lower Back Strength

Clean pulls to the knee, pause for a second above the patella (directly above), accentuate the negative, let the bar barely graze the floor, and explode back up to the knee. Start at 95% of your max clean and work your way up to 120%, using reps of 3-5. Your back and everything else will hate you, but you will get a lot stronger. Also, dom’t use your knee as ledge to rest the weight on, it should be barely grazing it.

Cheers for the help, will try knocking up a program tonight and see how I get on.

[quote]GMH454 wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
GMH454 wrote:
Hmmm my erectors always feel it most when I squat narrow stance (hips next day and quads never)…never heard that point before…learn something new…

Skip…as to your lower back problem not sure you got one.

check out Carl Darbys thread in the O/35, "Throw heavy stuff far… " Carl does back squats for reps with mid to high 200s, clean grip deads under 300, and has a 105kg snatch and 130kg c & J.

Your power snatch and power clean (personally your power snatch sounds too. low…) sound right for your squat…

Where I train the jrs have similar ratios, although that said, we are thinking high bar stance together, back upright style squat…

??? Is it really low? My full snatch is only 150 pounds and my ATG back squat is 315+!

There’s something horribly wrong with my technique.

2B, one of the jrs (17 & 77kg)in my club does a 75 P/S for sets of singles could probably double (caught a little over = ) and has a best front of 115 set last week, (all kgs) our top 94 has a 130 P/S caught too low for my liking to be a P/S and back squats 160 for reps judging by his best clean of 180, he should do 200, but right now does not look like it.

So if you were in our club, Doc would have you do lots of snatching and drills, and would not worry about your squats…work out your weaknesses and fix them one by one…
[/quote]

Why can’t I just do them simultaneously? Why not include BOTH in a program and just keep improving my technique, while at the same time, increasing my squat? Is it gonna bother my motor learning process?