Lower Back Soreness

The days after I do deadlifts/RDLS my lower back gets pretty sore. It’s nothing excruciating but it is uncomfortable. Is this normal/healthy? Also, when I do deadlifts sometimes my upper back is bent over. I know I keep my lower back from rounding but is this ok?

Yep, pretty normal: you’re working the lower back intensley.
As long as you don’t get leg pain / numbness you’re pobably good to go.
If you DL once per week (recommended) try some high rep back raises (aka hyperextension) a couple of days after to flush blood through the area, dont go heavy or hard just go for a light pump.

I too have been getting sore. I am a bit confused though. Whenever I train Hams I feel a tightness in the lower back and don’t feel the hamstring working. Someone told me my lower back gets tight because my hamstrings are tight and should be stretched. What do you guy’s think?

I was going to make a post about this myself but saw someone had the same issue.

An apology to colin1168 for jacking his thread.

[quote]Akuma25 wrote:
I too have been getting sore. I am a bit confused though. Whenever I train Hams I feel a tightness in the lower back and don’t feel the hamstring working. Someone told me my lower back gets tight because my hamstrings are tight and should be stretched. What do you guy’s think?

I was going to make a post about this myself but saw someone had the same issue.

An apology to colin1168 for jacking his thread.[/quote]

Yes, you can get lower back pain/tightness from tight hamstrings. Despite stretching a lot, I still tweak my lower back from time to time due to hamstring flexibility. In fact, I tweaked my back pretty bad over the weekend, so I went to see the doctor about it on Monday. X-rays were negative. The verdict? Tight hamstrings.

To the OP, pretty much what Old Dax said. Some soreness is normal if you’re doing deads. Just make sure the pain doesn’t move down your leg as he mentioned. You should be fine as long as your maintain good form as you increase the weights.