Lower Abs Isolation?

The upper and lower abs are connected (aka rectus abdominis), Its one long muscle. You can adjust the angle at which you train them to put more stress on certain areas. Your question is more along the lines of, “how do I stretch part of a rubber band?”

[quote]Sgt Subterfuge wrote:
As for this guy, did you read the entire thread? I am not the one being arrogant! I asked a fucking question and most of the posts are people fucking with me rather than answering the fucking question. You are way off base man. Read the rest of the thread! The rest of your info is good but I could have really done without yet another person fucking with me.

It seems to me this site could really benefit from getting rid of all the Level 0 trolls and allowing people like Rumble Fish to really help people. Form a purely business perspective it would save on bandwidth and disk space and reduce the amount of bull shit exponentially.

A big thanks to those of you that answered my question and explained to me what I was looking for. It was very beneficial and poignant.

[/quote]

Oh you are so eloquent and that lets you off getting on people earlier? You just don’t get it do you? People were confused because you are focussing on an inane area that has been yapped on about multiple times (topics pertaining to abdominal training).

I read the thread, understood where people were coming from, and then got pissed off at you reacting like an uppity dick cause people didn’t get you the first time up.

Again, A BODYBUILDING FORUM - your question was begging to be fucked with and rumble gave enough of a shit and had enough time to give you a nice anatomical description, which you could have found in any anatomical/physiological text if you’d got off your ass and tried to find something out for yourself.

The problem in this forum, which clearly nags the hell out of the oldtimers, is people asking redundant questions they could have found answers to in a book.

I usually don’t do this but…

I’m level 0. I don’t buy shit hear. I usually buy Optimum Nutrition or I partake in Beverly International if I knock over a gold vault.

Some people on this site think their shit don’t stink.

Sgt Subterfuge…you are a fucking dick. The reason why people are answering you the way they are answering is because you are coming off like a know it all pompous jackass.

I’m no martial art expert, but I understand physics and leverage. Getting hit in the upper abs and getting gut hooked has absolutely jack shit to do with ab strength. Maybe you should work on your overall strength and functional ab exercises instead of being a prick, eh?

[quote]GluteusGigantis wrote:
Sgt Subterfuge wrote:
As for this guy, did you read the entire thread? I am not the one being arrogant! I asked a fucking question and most of the posts are people fucking with me rather than answering the fucking question. You are way off base man. Read the rest of the thread! The rest of your info is good but I could have really done without yet another person fucking with me.

It seems to me this site could really benefit from getting rid of all the Level 0 trolls and allowing people like Rumble Fish to really help people. Form a purely business perspective it would save on bandwidth and disk space and reduce the amount of bull shit exponentially.

A big thanks to those of you that answered my question and explained to me what I was looking for. It was very beneficial and poignant.

Oh you are so eloquent and that lets you off getting on people earlier? You just don’t get it do you? People were confused because you are focussing on an inane area that has been yapped on about multiple times (topics pertaining to abdominal training). I read the thread, understood where people were coming from, and then got pissed off at you reacting like an uppity dick cause people didn’t get you the first time up.

Again, A BODYBUILDING FORUM - your question was begging to be fucked with and rumble gave enough of a shit and had enough time to give you a nice anatomical description, which you could have found in any anatomical/physiological text if you’d got off your ass and tried to find something out for yourself.

The problem in this forum, which clearly nags the hell out of the oldtimers, is people asking redundant questions they could have found answers to in a book.[/quote]

You bring up a good point. If I had enough time to read a book about this stuff I certainly wouldn’t be hear asking questions would I?

[quote]BantamRunner wrote:
I usually don’t do this but…

I’m level 0. I don’t buy shit hear. I usually buy TrueProtein or Optimum Nutrition or I partake in Beverly International if I knock over a gold vault.

Some people on this site think their shit don’t stink.

Sgt Subterfuge…you are a fucking dick. The reason why people are answering you the way they are answering is because you are coming off like a know it all pompous jackass.

I’m no martial art expert, but I understand physics and leverage. Getting hit in the upper abs and getting gut hooked has absolutely jack shit to do with ab strength. Maybe you should work on your overall strength and functional ab exercises instead of being a prick, eh?[/quote]

So you are saying that someone pressing on your abs and your abs resisting the pressure has nothing to do with how strong they are? Sounds to me like you understand jack-shit about physics. How does a cement block withstand the pressure of a weight pressing against it better than a sheet of paper does? Hardness and density. That is what I am looking for in my lower abs - an increase of hardness and density.

Forgive me but I had no intention of coming off as a pompous know-it-all. I just wanted to find some good exercises to hit that area hard. When I first started this thread I didn’t understand the abdominus rectus completely and my response to Iron-Hoosier was more of a way for me to coax a response to my original question than an attempt to know-it-all as you put it. That being said, some people on this forum actually give a shit and correct you with information rather than adding insult to injury. Anyone that responded to me in a dickish way is on the hook for this just as much as I am and you know it. It takes two to tango or in this case a whole boatload of assholes with only a few shining examples of what this site can be on a good day. Call me a prick if you want but I like to stay on task and on subject. It’s you pricks who keeping taking this thread off-topic.

Again, thanks to the people who avoid the drama and stick to the subject.

Ask Thib on his Q&A

/thread

This guy is such a ringpiece.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
This guy is such a ringpiece.[/quote]

Love the picture of Henry Rollins. Not so much the comment though. :frowning:

[quote]LS87 wrote:
OP, when you do leg raises make sure your pelvis is posteriorly tilted, there was a good article on here recently called “the dead bug series” or something like that, google it. As for changing the insertion point, try the ab wheel movement in reverse, with your feet moving instead of your arms, you will need a special ab wheel for this or a swiss ball (the swiss ball version is alot easier)

[/quote]

Good suggestions, I’ll try these and get back to you. Is this what you mean by “dead bug series”? BRIDGING EXERCISES

[quote]paul496 wrote:
Ask Thib on his Q&A

/thread[/quote]

Wonderful idea! There is a lot to learn from that guy for sure! Due to the grief I got in this threat I will have to clean up the question considerably and maybe give some examples of what people here have laid out for me and see what his professional opinion on the lower portion of the abdominal rectus is. Thanks!

“So you are saying that someone pressing on your abs and your abs resisting the pressure has nothing to do with how strong they are?”

Bingo!

It has more to do with maintaining intra-abdominal pressure. If I squat without maintaining intra-abdominal pressure and I collapse forward like a double-over sandwhich is it because I lack abdominal strength or because I failed to maintain intra-abdominal pressure? First cause is the pressure, second cause is the abdominal strength.

If I were you I’d listen to Prof X.

[quote]BantamRunner wrote:
“So you are saying that someone pressing on your abs and your abs resisting the pressure has nothing to do with how strong they are?”

Bingo!

It has more to do with maintaining intra-abdominal pressure. If I squat without maintaining intra-abdominal pressure and I collapse forward like a double-over sandwhich is it because I lack abdominal strength or because I failed to maintain intra-abdominal pressure? First cause is the pressure, second cause is the abdominal strength.

If I were you I’d listen to Prof X.[/quote]

Internal pressure has everything to do with how strong your muscles are and how you tighten them up using that strength. Check out Dave Tate’s article via Nate Green on bench press setup. It is one of the best literary illustration on tightening everything up before a heavy lift.

Plus I also found an exercise that does exactly what I am looking for and I will post that in this threat as soon as I get some pics/video of it. I think you all may really like it. It hits the lower abs (or seems to anyway) really hard and allows you to add as much weight as you’d like. The down side is that it still hits the front hip flexors but you can minimize that by lowering the reps and increasing the weight.