Low Total T, High Prolactin. Sent to Endo...Update!

Long story short…Im 32.battling all symptoms of low t…uro ran two blood tests…total test came back 117…second test 159…wrote prescription for test cypionate…then decided to check prolactin level…came back slightly elevated he said…15.9 15.5 being high end…now says to not take test…and wait to see what endo says…I really don’t want more test just for endo to say…yep you have low t…also…will endo want to go another treatment route instead of trt??..I hope not

You’ll be better off getting an opinion from and Endo - who can run some full panels and see what’s going on. Higher prolactin usually coincides with high E2 - and both of which can be mitigated with running the proper compound. Also, not to scare you, but low T coupled with high prolactin could indicate a pituitary problem (though you would likely have MUCH higher prolactin).

The endo will likely try a few things first - perhaps put you on Clomid - which may raise your testosterone - depending on certain markers from your blood work. Either way - any doctor worth his salt would give someone with that low of a T score some help. If not - my suggestion would be to go to a TRT clinic - such as Defy Medical. They are experts and deal with tens of thousands of patients with all different issues of T and other blood work. Good luck bro.

Thank you. Yeah a level of 159 (norm 300-1100) is astonishing low…hopefully they will do SOMETHING…no wonder I feel like crap all the time…I’ve been dealing with symptoms for years so hopefully relief is on the way

Ok…it’s been awhike…been busy with work…here are my latest lab numbers…looking for input/insight:

Total test: 159/ng/dl. 348-1197ng/dl
Free test: 10.9 pg/ml. 8.7-25.1 pg/ml
Lh: 2.4 mIU/ml. 1.7-8.6 mIU/ml
Fsh: 3.6mIU/ml. 1.5-12.4 mIU/ml
Prolactin. 15.9 ng/ml. 4.0-15.2 ng/ml

Also had semen analysis…came back normal…urologist said elevated prolactin level poll wasn’t anything to worry about…but was referred to endo…was going to start my injections that I was prescribed but uro said to wait until seen by endo. My question is…what other bloodwork do they need to run before u can start trt??..I can’t get to endo until march 29…but eager to start treatment for symptom relief…also worried endo will not let me do injections…any thoughts??

Can anyone decipher anything from these numbers?

Anyone?

You seem to have a degree of primary and secondary hypogonadism.

Prolactin can be HPTA [see the stickies] repressive. So can Estradiol [E2] which has not been tested. Also test AST/ALT to see if liver is a factor.

Thyroid can affect all of your body’s systems if thyroid function is low. That can be from not using iodized salt and then you might feel cold easily and if longer term your outer eyebrows can be sparse. See last paragraph in this post.

Other health conditions and medications can also be factors.

Endo’s and urologists can be very disappointing. You need to understand what is in the stickies and be active in managing these aspects of your healthcare, passive typically does not work.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.