Low Testosterone

I just got my blood test results back and my test levels where at the low end of normal (287). That coupled with my complaints of low energy and decreased libido (I can thank Cy for that advice) have convinced my doc to prescribe test replacement to see if it helps my “problems”. Unfortunately he wants me to try either T-gel, the T-patch or oral Methyltestosterone. None of these would be my preference. I’m wondering if I should go to another doctor to see if I could get him to prescribe either Test injections or at least a better oral, like Oxandrolone. Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

I was just wondering how old you are/what were your symptoms (even the minor things). Whether your conning the doc by drinking 6 pints of beer before going in for the test etc. Have you ever used test injections before? Where do you live? Is it standard practice there to use things other than gels? It may not be easy getting an injectible and either way the doc will probably want to do the injecting himself which could get costly for you.

James, I’m 38. I did actually have some symptoms of low T, such as low energy, a hard time gaining muscle, and slow recovery time, but I exaggerated my symptoms and added in a decreasing libido for good measure. I’ve never done test injections before; the closest I’ve come to taking any juice is Androsol. I live in the U.S. (Michigan). My doctor’s first recommendation was the T-gel. He didn’t mention the other options until I told him that I thought it would be a hassle to have to apply the gel everyday. I have got positive feedback today from a few people who have had success with using Androgel so maybe I’ll give it a try and see what happens.