T Nation

Low Testosterone?

hey guys i am 5 ft 10, 80 kilograms. the thing is i am nearly 21 and still cant grow a full beard (guessing i will get some banter for that lol) is that due to low testoserone?? if it is can i still make some good gains?i am increasing my fat in my diet, and taking ZMA, to try and bump it up! also in my training i am doing mainly 3 times full body training with compound exercises to try knock my t up!

i have put a couple of stone on over the years but stuck at 80 kilograms but i know i gotta just eat shit loads to gain weight, but just struggle to do it, or just to lazy lol

any thoughts?

Yes, quit now.

Get your T level tested and then you’ll know.

[quote]kruddy123 wrote:
hey guys i am 5 ft 10, 80 kilograms. the thing is i am nearly 21 and still cant grow a full beard (guessing i will get some banter for that lol) is that due to low testoserone?? if it is can i still make some good gains?i am increasing my fat in my diet, and taking ZMA, to try and bump it up! also in my training i am doing mainly 3 times full body training with compound exercises to try knock my t up!

i have put a couple of stone on over the years but stuck at 80 kilograms but i know i gotta just eat shit loads to gain weight, but just struggle to do it, or just to lazy lol

any thoughts?[/quote]

transition to split training. how can you train all your body in one session? do you feel enough stimulus out of it? notice that I’m 20 and have a beard, hahaha just kidding brotha, but change that shit.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
kruddy123 wrote:
hey guys i am 5 ft 10, 80 kilograms. the thing is i am nearly 21 and still cant grow a full beard (guessing i will get some banter for that lol) is that due to low testoserone?? if it is can i still make some good gains?i am increasing my fat in my diet, and taking ZMA, to try and bump it up! also in my training i am doing mainly 3 times full body training with compound exercises to try knock my t up!

i have put a couple of stone on over the years but stuck at 80 kilograms but i know i gotta just eat shit loads to gain weight, but just struggle to do it, or just to lazy lol

any thoughts?

transition to split training. how can you train all your body in one session? do you feel enough stimulus out of it? notice that I’m 20 and have a beard, hahaha just kidding brotha, but change that shit.[/quote]

Total body training is fine for someone relatively new to weight-lifting – as long as your numbers are consistently going up that’s all that matters.

I’m 21 and can’t grow a beard, who the fuck cares? It certainly doesn’t slow down my gains.

cant grow a full beard? probably genetics. =P

my thought is to stick with hard work and forget about your t levels. at 21 im sure there would be much more apparent signs of your t levels being low enough as to hinder your results at this point. your still young, just put in hard work.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
kruddy123 wrote:
hey guys i am 5 ft 10, 80 kilograms. the thing is i am nearly 21 and still cant grow a full beard (guessing i will get some banter for that lol) is that due to low testoserone?? if it is can i still make some good gains?i am increasing my fat in my diet, and taking ZMA, to try and bump it up! also in my training i am doing mainly 3 times full body training with compound exercises to try knock my t up!

i have put a couple of stone on over the years but stuck at 80 kilograms but i know i gotta just eat shit loads to gain weight, but just struggle to do it, or just to lazy lol

any thoughts?

transition to split training. how can you train all your body in one session? do you feel enough stimulus out of it? notice that I’m 20 and have a beard, hahaha just kidding brotha, but change that shit.

Total body training is fine for someone relatively new to weight-lifting – as long as your numbers are consistently going up that’s all that matters.

I’m 21 and can’t grow a beard, who the fuck cares? It certainly doesn’t slow down my gains.
[/quote]

shit bro I didn’t know that ;).

cheers i lkie full body, and also got bad shoulder at the moment so cant train chest and shoulders hard as i would like

[quote]kruddy123 wrote:
cheers i lkie full body, and also got bad shoulder at the moment so cant train chest and shoulders hard as i would like[/quote]

but bro full body isn’t enough of a stimulus when you get to certain level of intensity.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
kruddy123 wrote:
cheers i lkie full body, and also got bad shoulder at the moment so cant train chest and shoulders hard as i would like

but bro full body isn’t enough of a stimulus when you get to certain level of intensity.[/quote]

Pick your battles man. I know you mean well but re-read the OP and see why this will fall on deaf ears.

You are just lazy.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
kruddy123 wrote:
cheers i lkie full body, and also got bad shoulder at the moment so cant train chest and shoulders hard as i would like

but bro full body isn’t enough of a stimulus when you get to certain level of intensity.

Pick your battles man. I know you mean well but re-read the OP and see why this will fall on deaf ears. [/quote]

hmm good point.

Apparently this dude is a “fitness instructer.” God help whoever he’s instructing.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

I’m 21 and can’t grow a beard, who the fuck cares? It certainly doesn’t slow down my gains.
[/quote]

Fuck, I’m 31 and still can’t grow anything close to a full beard. Maybe when I’m 55…

I’m 19 and can’t grow anything that resembles a beard really, it doesn’t matter.

It is as someone said above me, all in the freaky genetics to grow a beard :slight_smile:

Pretty sound advice I think, just shut up, lift and eat.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
Apparently this dude is a “fitness instructer.” God help whoever he’s instructing.[/quote]

Those spin classes and step aerobics classes won’t teach themselves, man.

gaze shut up fool have put two stone through training used to be really skinny the forum is here to get different views and information!!!

yeah going to up my game now i have got more money to spend and injuries getting better,

Kruddy, increasing Zinc intake is a way to elevate T levels. It does work.

Not necessarily. Look at your dad, if he has little hair/or if your mum’s male relatives have little hair then no amount of testosterone is gonna make you a hairy fucker.