Low Testosterone Therapy

@KSman 40 iu vs 5000 iu is a huge difference. i must source a new supplement.

@gonadthebarbarian somehow it must be defined what we consider high FSH or LH. mine are in the middle of the range on first lab, and below middle on second. i’ve searched several primary hypogonadism cases and in all ‘high’ definition means FSH >13.
it’s obvious that most secondary cases on the forums are associated with very low FSH,LH often because of TRT. but it’s clear in diagnostics that one can be secondary even with normal gonadotropins.

Many are mixed primary and secondary.

what is the drug routine in this case?

The suggested injection protocol covers all bases.

so i’m gonna finish my therapy, tapering serms with low dose anastrozole and if nothing happens i’ll try the injection protocol.
of course after new labs.

@KSman
i forgot to ask about GH <0.1, cortisol and IGF-1.
do you think they are normal values?

GH causes IGF-1 production in the liver and IGF-1 is best indicator of GH status.

GH is released in pulses and has a very short half-life. I never recommend direct testing of GH.

1 Like

new labs after 6 shots 1500iu HCG, clomiphene and tamoxifen (20 days) and then 10 days only anastrozole 0.25mg EOD.
last injection was on 29/04 and blood test 12/05.

TSH: 3.13 (0.27-4.2)
FT4: 1.47 (0.8-2)
CORTISOL: 22.1 (4.3-22.4) MORNING
IGF-1: 104 (109-284)
1.25 D3: 30.4 (17-53)
E2: 20 (<43)
T: 622.68 (400-1080)
FT: 17.3 (8.7-54.7)
SHBG: 52 (13-71)
FSH: 8.26 (1.5-12.4)
LH: 6.55 (1.7-8.6)
PRL: 176.5 (86-324)
DHEA: 2.9 (1.9-7.6)

tell me what you think guys.

Not bad for a restart. FT is still a bit on the low side, but T is pretty good. E2 looks good. I’d be pretty happy with those results on a restart.

TSH is high in this test. You mentioned earlier that you were suprised it was low in the earlier test. Read the thyroid sticky and check your temp. Consider supplementing iodine. Either result could be a fluke. Hard to know which one.

How do you feel?

the fact is inspite hard lifting and cardio, balanced diet for over a month, i cannot lose any fat.
so the last TSH result seems to be correct.
also IGF-1 is abnormal low which means low GH. maybe this is an answer for my bad metabolism.
comments on cortisol?

i feel better but not perfect. better libido but same fatigue.

This looks pretty good mate. Testosterone looks good but your SHGB is kinda high. Are you going to do another blood test later?

@krataios next step is my appointment with the doc you advised me on thursday 19/5.
i’m really nervous about my IGF-1. feeling tired after training and cannot lose weight.

My IGF is 170 and I decided to take HGH. Maybe the tiredness and the weight problem is a thyroid issue, KSman can help there. Nolva and clomid made feel like shit all the time but maybe that doesn’t apply to your case. I noticed significant fat loss when I addressed my thyroid issues

Doesn’t seem to have worked to a good extent. fT is very low, calculated out to be about 10 ng/dl, will probably come down after cessation of the SERMs. a fT of 8-9 gives me all the symptoms of hypogonadism so i don’t think its a good restart. TT is meaningless as your SHBG has gone up, inflating TT. fT(what matters only) has not gone up too much.

@krataios what your doc thinks about GH?
@equalo212 i have good libido so far, so time will tell us. i’m not happy about fT too.

Well then you don’t really need to look at numbers too much. We all want the symptoms relief rather than any arbitrary number.

1 Like

Maybe your SHGB is to blame for your low FT. My doc actually suggested the HGH but he is quiet liberal in general. He also had me on 200mg test for 5 months and had no problem with my 1400TT (300-1200) I lowered the dose by myself. I don’t know what the doc in Athens thinks about HGH but the guys tell me she 'll do whatever she can about your needs. (This sounded funny)

yeah my SHBG is elevated in the last test. but it is difficult to manage SHBG. some people say vitD3 will manage it. i started today 10000iu D3.
i’m waiting @KSman 's opinion also.
i hope your information will be true. (she’s pretty)

1 Like

@krataios you’ve got mail

1 Like

today i had my appointment with a new endo.
the first i can say, wow the girl is a rocket. she even watches american forums.
she laughed at my previous experiences with endos.
she said suspects hypoclinical hypothyroidism, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism due to pituitary malfunction.
my GH is extremly low.
she wanted to give me immediately androgel but i said i prefer injections.
so possible therapy is testo + gh + hcg injections but before we start i’m gonna have pituitary MRI and complete checking of my thyroid hormones including antiTG and antiTPO.

stay tuned for new labs

i’m glad i met her

1 Like