T Nation

Low Testosterone but Doc Says Its in Normal Range

Hi guys,
I need help if anyone has the same problem.
I dont feel like having sex and has low libido.
Below are my test: pls advice.

Below are my medical test and supplements. Expecting some analysis.

10/oct/16: test
Testesteron: 389. Ref 281-827 ng/dl

Now i went to doc and tested For b12 and urin test.

25/jan/17:
Testesteron: 307. Ref 281-827 ng/dl
B12: 103. Ref 300-915
Urin tests were normal in range.

Though he said T level are normal but i am not satisfied as i m only 30yo hence i checked and found normal level should be 700 ngdl for my age.

He gave b12 and vit E supplement for 3 months.

03/march/17
Testesteron: 467
B12 : 376

Waoo increased a bit but not happy. Started morning errection. I was happy a lot.
Somehow googled it and also tested my vitD level and genral test including cholestrol.
1/apr/17
Iron, calcium,uric acid, blood uria,cretinine all normal.
But LDL 187 high
Total chol 270 was also high.
Bilrubin,alanine and zinc were high as well.
But i think these doesnt matter.
T3,T4, and TSH are normal.
But vit D were low 9.5 deficient and i started taking pills for d3
Testesteron came down 451 a bit.

29/apr/17
As after 3 months i stooped taking pills of b12. And tested again

Magnisium,vit A normal
B6 high
B12 524 normal increased by pills
22/may/17
B12 412 decreased
D 41 increased but normal
Testesteron 372 decreased

Now i lost hope as even after taking b12 n d pills my testes are not increasing. Any comment and help is appreciated.

Normal is not helpful as the word comes from a statistical “normal” distribution. But doctors wrongly think that that means normal health.

Three standard deviations then mean that 99.7% is normal and only 0.03% are then abnormal.

Total testosterone, TT is only one measure and may be misleading. free testosterone, FT is T that is active. Bioavailable T is FT & albumin+T, all active. If SHBG is elevated, you get more SHBG+T which is not bioavailable which lowers FT and Bio-T while inflating TT with more SHBG+T.

Where are you located? Affects treatment and diagnostic options.

Post the numbers and ranges.

How much Vit-D3 are you taking?

Low B-12 suggests a poor diet and/or poor absorption.

• Explain diet
  • Do you use iodized salt?

Labs needed: - need ranges
TT -redo with FT
FT
SHBG
LH and FSH - both!
prolactin
RBC - existing
hematocrit -existing
iron -existing

Do you have any digestive issues?
Heart burn?
Meds to reduce stomach acid?

We need more data about you.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Hi KSman,

I am uploading all the test results in case it might help further.

I am a veggie and hence doc said u r b12 deficient.
I use iodized salt.
My iodine is normal. My diet is pure vegetables. I am using 60000iuc tab of D3 once a week as 5k is not available here.
" Labs needed: - need ranges
TT -redo with FT :
FT
SHBG
LH and FSH - both!
prolactin" will test it and provide

RBC - 5.64
hematocrit -46.3
iron - 74.3
Magnisium 2
Zinc: 162.1 high

I do not have digestive problem but lot of gas maybe sometimes.

Pls help.

Also i used to drink and smoke heavily. But now left since last 6 months.

Some signs that you need more iron. Do you eat eggs or strictly vegetarian?

fT3 looks good
fT4 is low relative to mid-range
TSH should be nearer to 1.0
None of this suggests that “iodine is normal”

Gas: You should find a good probiotic and take twice a day. But gas may simply be your diet.

Your strong RBC with low testosterone is interesting:
Possible from low O2, do you feel short of breath often?
High altitude?
If you do TRT, you may need to donate blood to cope with high hematocrit.

B-12 may make further adjustments to your blood work.
Your immune system has some odd features. Test again later. If better, there was immune system activity that is over. Some other border line issues need to be followed. There are hints of liver damage.

Where are you located?
Need those oral body temperatureS.

Hi KS,

Yes i do eat eggs.
I havent test for iodine, i can if you recommend it. You can list out tests i will do it accordingly.

I live in mumbai india. Though i dont have breathing problem but i have alergy cos of dust n cold ie sinus.
Not sure if this is related.
Also can you tell me how faster generally result comes coz of b12 and d3 deficiency as its been only 2 months i have been taking pills. Should i wait for recovery period?

I did not understand your other comment like b12 will make further adjustments and related to immune system. What test should i take for liver damage. Even i feel this might be the case. Is this recoverable?

A lot of docs are very uneducated when it comes to Trt replacement. You have to go to a trt replacement doctor. They will let you get your test pretty high where you feel like your 16 again getting raging boners on the school bus because of the bumpy roads causing vibrations hahaha. My opinion is 800 or greater is where you wanna be.

I think that you should not do iodine labs, but make sure that you are using iodized salt. Really need to have you check oral body temperatures as that can inform better than lab work. and costs nothing if you have a thermometer.

Liver: test AST and ALT. This is very basic liver test.

Your RBC are high. And you may be getting too much iron. Do you have iron water pipes or iron cooking pots?

B-12 will make changes in your blood and other functions. Simply take time, nothing to really worry about.

There are no arsenic risks in your city.

Hi Ks,

I do not use iron pots/pipes. My body temp is 98f.
I am attaching my ast (SGOT)and alt (SGPT) test.
No liver damage as per report.

??

Thanks