Low Testosterone at 23, Doc Says It's All in My Head

I am 23 very healthy great diet and exercise 4x a week.
I went to the Drs office again got my levels checked came back at 270ng/dL
Doctor said 270 is normal and my anxiety ED and depression is just all in my head.
I have almost all the symptoms of low T and when I asked him if i should go on TRT he told me I sound like a drug addict. Is he right? Am I over reacting about this and my t levels are actually fine? Not sure where to go from here any help would be great thanks

Im not speaking from personal experience or anything but give it some time, re-do a blood test and see a different doctor.

Get the following blood labs then we can provide more feedback. And yes it’s possible for a 23 year old to have low t but esp at 23 really need to know why and if it can be fixed without TRT.

Post medications you are on.

Total t
Free t
LH
Fsh
CBC
CMP
Lipids
TSH
Free t3
Free t4
Reverse t3
Prolactin
cortisol
Estradiol sensitive the LC MS assay

You may need to self-pay for treatment, insurance is all but useless for TRT. Doctors aren’t up to speed just yet and few even know how to diagnose a testosterone deficiency, you will waste valuable years going through insurance who offer terrible protocols that seem less like a cure and worse than the disease.

You must keep pressing forward with treatment.

Go to Royal mens medical center. It doesnt take insurance but they truly understand trt where 99% of normal doctors have no clue. With testosterone that low you are more than qualified for trt and i highly recommend it. These are severely low numbers and trt will change your life. My levels were high 300’s and my energy is back up, my moods arent all over the place, depression is gone, labido is awesome. You can also search youtube for peoples results and it will only confirm your suspicions you need to do this. Your doc is a quack for telling you thats a normal level and its in your head. Stop going to him immediately. Trt is something you have to be your own boss and take the initiative to get yourself started and fixed. Its like $195 per month but includes everything you need for testosterone and also to block extra estrogen which is also harmful to a mans health. check it out man, it will give you hope again that llife can be back to normal

I have self medicated now for three months and felt AMAZING after the first two months it was a steady feeling rather than ups and downs on depression.
But dr said I’m an addict for doing that.
Don’t know what to do… continue to self medicate or what
I’ve been taking clomid and nolvadex it brought my levels up to 440 but I feel like crap and the side effects are very bad. Dr also told me TRT is very risky and can kill me early

Your doctor is ignorant and anyone who follows him is also ignorant, the risks of low testosterone are clear.

There are studies that show men with high normal testosterone are 30% less likely to have cardiac events than those in the middle ranges, people below middle ranges have a high mortality rate.

Where are your labs? What is your protocol?

The only labs I tested was for test levels
The Dr said he wouldn’t test me for anything else because im an “addict” and he said he wont test me anymore because I need to get over this “phase”
My protocol was to try to restart my test levels from clomid and nolva. It works while im taking it but not when I get off of it. The side effects of the pct drugs are very harsh and dont want to touch them again. So might self medicate again… just need to know if I am making a stupid decision or not. Feel like the health risks are too high if I do which is what the Dr put in my head

This is very upsetting to hear. Once again, a doctor unable to determine the cause of your symptoms comes to the conclusion that it must be in your head.

You need a proper lab work-up and appropriate hormone management. Short of that, you’re relegated to black market products and internet advice. Good luck.

What will the proper lab work help figure out?
And will it change the fact that I need trt?
The DR wont let me get the proper lab work

Your overall health status, cholesterol/HDL/LDL/triglyceride levels (lipids), glucose levels (diabetes), kidney and liver function (CMP). Hematocrit, hemoglobin, RBC and platelet levels (CBC), necessary to monitor when on TRT. LH/FSH/prolactin/IGF-1 levels (pituitary function), SHBG, total test, free test, determine treatment, dosages and protocol. E2 levels, estrogen management. DHEA-S/VitD (necessary for other hormone production. PSA, prostate screening.

So should I not self medicate yet?

Surely this isn’t the only doctor on planet earth, you act like you go no options, get another doctor. Odds are you’ll never find knowledgeable one which is why most self-pay for treatment, eventually you’ll come to know it’s the only way forward.

discount lab is the place you can order everything needed.

Total T
Free T
SHBG
Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
LH-Luteneizing Hormone
FSH-Folicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
AM Cortisol
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

I doubt it. 270ng/dL at age 23? Awful. I started TRT at age 59 with 330. Wish is started when I was 50, or even sooner.

I dont mind paying for self treatment 10ml of 250mg/ml is so cheap I wouldnt mind at all

I ment self-pay meaning find an anti-aging doctor.

Did it change your anxiety depression libido and confidence? And how long did you start noticing the changes.
At this moment im just stuck on not knowing what to do. Just start injecting myself with 100mg a week test e, or get more bloods

Depression and anxiety gone within 2 months, confidence so high no amount of criticism bothers me. You need labs to determine dosage and injection frequency.

Had that too when I went on trt for only 3 months was a small steroid like cycle felt amazing.
System, do you recommend I self medicate at 100mg/week? Or get bloods again at another doctor?

I was not depressed and did not have anxiety. I’ve been married a long time and my wife is awesome (go ahead and go there with that), she’s also on bioidentical HRT, we did this together. Anyway, in about two weeks, libido, which we both acknowledged was not like when we were in our 20s and felt was OK, increased. Nice. Energy levels, increased, workouts, improved both in terms of volume and intensity, strength increased. Joints felt better. After about six months, belly fat gone. Probably lost 15-20lbs of fat and gained 10-15lbs of muscle. Lost 5 inches from my waist. I was happier, not because I was depressed, but because I felt better. Just walking around was better.