Low Testosterone at 18 Years Old

fT3: 5.9 pmo/l (2.6-6)
ft4: 19.7 pmo/l (9-19)
TSH: 2.2 mU/l (0.5-3.6)
And body temperatures are still low? NEED temperature when you wake up AND mid afternoon.

Your body temperatures should be high and your TSH should be low. This is a really good case for rT3 blocking fT3.

You are making some progress.

Your cortisol would have been higher at 8AM.

Prolactin seems higher that is should be, but not near the upper range. Hard to tell is this implies a problem or not.

LH is encouraging, but you really need FSH and LH as LS levels move a lot and the number is controlled by when you did the lab work. FSH has a longer half life and is a better indicator of LH status than LH itself.

Please ignore the jerks who are posting here. You have real problems that need to be understood and you are making good progress with your understanding of these issues and with your health. You do have problems with the understanding of doctors and that struggle will always be there.

[quote]KSman wrote:

Please ignore the jerks who are posting here. You have real problems that need to be understood and you are making good progress with your understanding of these issues and with your health. You do have problems with the understanding of doctors and that struggle will always be there.[/quote]

KSman, I will say this just once, then put you on Ignore. If you are not a physician, you are practicing medicine without a license, for which you should be arrested. If you ARE a physician, you are practicing medicine unethically, for which you should lose your license. That said, if you want to play Internet Doctor to adults who don’t have a problem accepting potentially lethal medical advice from someone they’ve never met (much less vetted), as far as I’m concerned that’s between you and them.

But in this case OP is a child. If you have any decency, you will refrain from dispensing medical advice to him or any other children, just as I’m certain you would not want an internet stranger telling YOUR child to take meds that will profoundly, and perhaps permanently, distort their hormonal milieu. (Quote: “In a situation like this, perhaps a SERM based HPTA restart might get things moving. Suggest Nolvadex, not Clomid.” Advice you’re giving to a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD.) If you cannot see how inappropriate this is, your judgment is even worse than I thought.

Done.

Allright. I think it is good to get atleast some point of view from others. The fact is that I have been struggling with some real issues for over a year, which is not I have been at all before. Now there could be some possible thyroid issues and/or adrenal fatigue. Is it the major stress I have been experiencing, binge drinking? I don’t know. But I wanna feel someday normal again.

Now that some time has passed and and I have been supplementing myself, I have seeing more positive outcome. And I am not saying doctors wont do their job right, but I definitely see the big picture better than doctor who hasn’t never seen me before and just have some labs which are in normal range. Like I got told my 330 ng/dl testosterone was totally normal before. Not going to do anything stupid, I still going to meet a doc. But it’s good to get as much information as I can. Those symptoms I have are real. They have not gone away by just ignoring them.

I have been also having low blood pressure for long time, does that indicate anything? It was 122/56 this morning, little higher in the evening. Now here is my body temperatures, taken orally:

Checked it first out last evening at little over 8pm: 36.9C, 98.42F (quite normal)
First woke up at 7am, took it right after I was awake.
7am: 96.08 F (35.6 celsius)
3pm: 36.1 celsius (96.98F)
Now its 5pm and it is again at 98.42F (36.9 celsius), does these indicate anything?

About the FSH, I don’t know how easy it is to get more bloodwork done, as those prevoius labs were ‘normal’ and doctor told me that I should start eating antidepressants, even tough I am NOT depressed anymore at all, but got other symptoms. And even tough I would have depression, like it did before, I would look at the cause (which I was doing) than eat SSRI’s.

UPDATE: I have been measuring my body temp orally again today. The same pattern seems to continue. No big changes from yesterdays temperature.

Hello. Some updates:
I got my rt3 and ft3 levels drawn.

FT3: 5.2 pmo/l
RT3: 27.1 ng/dl

Is this bad?

Found out the ratio between those is around 12 for me. I have read it should be over 20. Read that this can be caused by stress, which I definitely have had. It is uncontrollable. I will want to also test T levels again, I really feel like everything isnt normal. Would it be wise to check cortisol and DHEA also?

Took mineral analysis too. Magnesium and calsium were clearly low, which makes sense. Copper and iron were borderline low, might have something to do with the zinc I took for a good time. Also manganese was borderline low. Lets see what future will bring.

Just makes me fustrating thinking about, I didn’t know enough about these when I first took my bloodtest. I just let it be, even though I had clear signals everything isn’t good. Now just making slow proggress towards solution.

Supplements I am taking:
D3-Vitamin 100mcg
C-Vitamin 1000 mg
Calcium 1000mg
Balance Rhodiola Complex
B-Vitamin Complex
600mg Magnesium Citrate
Copper 2mg

Still looking for toughts. I am working towards my RT3 issues with a doctor now. He said also, that later on, if issues still occur, we should take saliva cortisol and DHEA test and possibly support the adrenals with short-time HC regimen. Third issue is of course the testosterone. Wonder, if fixing adrenal fatigue and thyroid issues will balance my T levels. I am going to test them again soon. There is now some clear evidence that prolonged stress reaction in my body could be the main cause to this.

Including the emotional stress I was going through some time ago, added with excessive alcohol use and sleeping problems was enough to my hormones. I was and I am still to some extent in a constant awarness state and I feel anxious most of the day. The derealization feelings have improved slightly. But now it is time to fix the damage. Just trying to get some kind of toughts, the current doctor doesn’t really know much about testosterone apparently.