Low Testosterone and Diabetes

Male menopause Testosteron, and diabetes…

Dad came back with a “low normal” test result? I remember something back in my biochem class about testosterone being able to lower blood sugar - would it help his Type II diabetes – he wants to try it, but doesn’t know if he has to adjust his insulin — he will be talking to a doc about all this, but we’re from a small town, and the docs aren’t always the most up to date

Thanks

[quote]Aglifter wrote:
Male menopause Testosteron, and diabetes…

Dad came back with a “low normal” test result? I remember something back in my biochem class about testosterone being able to lower blood sugar - would it help his Type II diabetes – he wants to try it, but doesn’t know if he has to adjust his insulin — he will be talking to a doc about all this, but we’re from a small town, and the docs aren’t always the most up to date

Thanks[/quote]

Hey Aglifter,

I’m not sure if Test, would help lower blood sugar, but your best bet is to research on Pubmed.com or other similiar sites. Then when you get the info that you need, copy it and take it to the docs office. This would be much better than saying “Doc, back in my college days, I read a paper that said…”. Good luck to you and your dad!