T Nation

Low Test, High Androgen, I had a

Does anyone know how I can get some energy back?? I have low T, twice my free t levels were 10 when normal is 9 - 30. I’m only 22 and I’m 5’8’’ 220 at about 16%BF, so I’m not a puny nerd and I’m all natural. I had cancer and had one removed about 6 mo ago, I think this is my problem. But my doctor says my androgen leves are normal-high. ??? Does anyone know what’s going on and how I can beat this problem without testing positive???

Jake

BigCanSprintMan
I’m a 47 Y.O. Hardcore Trainer. I’m 6’3" 275lbs. and about 14% BF. I have been on HRT for about four years now (Depo-Testosterone). I get copies of all test results from my Doc. I see exactly where I’m at and exactly what the range is. I cannot comprehend the idea that you have low “T” levels but high androgen levels. What does that mean? From what I know that could only mean that your DHT levels are high if it’s not Test. You need to get re-tested (hopefully you have insurance). You need to have your total testosterone, free testosterone, estrogen, estradiol, PSA and lipids tested. I’m not totally sure but I believe that exceptions are starting to be made for HRT patients in the bodybuilding and powerlifting world (not positive if “T” is within normal range). How’s the libido?