T Nation

Low Test Cure?

I suffered from low testosterone since I was 17 years old induced by not doing the standard protocol after several prohormones cycle. I was an idiot and suffered from all the side affects from low test for 2 years until I was prescribed androgel. At a monthly price tag of $320 i was forced to start self medicating with UG test cyp when I was 21. After a year of pinning I thought there must be some way that I could recover my levels and no longer rely on medication. After tons research I decided to do 45 days of tamoxifen citrate @ 20 mg daily and 30 days of clomiphene citrate 50mg twice daily. After this intensive PCT I no longer suffer from low testosterone induced by steroids. It has been 4 weeks since I ended this cycle and I no longer sleep the day away, morning wood is often, sex drive has increased, and performance in the gym has been well. I will be getting blood tests when I get off of school.

I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully this will also work for someone else.

(only thing I didn't do was HCG since I did not have access to it)

You do not want to do high dose SERMs or mix SERMs as that can create high LH levels that can down grade LH receptors, a step in the wrong direction. These are the same negative results as one gets from high dose hCG. You also do not want to mix hCG and SERMs.

The role of hCG would be to start on that, 250iu EOD for a longer period of time to let the testes recover physically, then switch to SERMs [not large amounts] to get the top end of the HPTA active, then taper out.

Did you taper out of the SERMs or stop suddenly?

Best practice would include anastrozole while on PCT, then land and cruise on 0.5mg/week in divided doses to prevent estrogen rebound. You should include LH/FSH, TT, FT and E2 in your lab work. Please post back to this thread when you get that.

I am glad that this has worked for you. Your testes have remained viable through one year of HPTA shutdown.

Baldy, note that 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor drugs for hair loss can cause permanent and extreme HPTA damage for a very few. Otherwise the reduction in DHT reduces libido.

One needs to look at factors that are causing your low t in the first place. Restart are great but the issue is that many people crash because they have not properly been evaluated for issues that may prevent your body to continuing on its own. After having many men restarted back up success rate has dramatically increased by looking and correcting these factors while the restart is in process.