T Nation

Low Test After First Cycle

About 3 weeks ago, I went to my doctor to get some blood work done. At the time the blood was drawn i was in my last week of pct from my first cycle of AAS. Long story short the results came back showing I had low testosterone. Is it most likely because i was in pct at the time of the test? This is the first time this has happened to me so i have no clue on how to take it. Any advise would be appreciated if any of you have been in this situation before. I just want to make sure that I am fully recovered from my cycle and that i did not damage my pituitary gland or endocrine system. Any thoughts? Getting a follow-up in about 6 weeks just in case things have not yet returned to normal.

what does your pct consist of?

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:
About 3 weeks ago, I went to my doctor to get some blood work done. At the time the blood was drawn i was in my last week of pct from my first cycle of AAS. Long story short the results came back showing I had low testosterone. Is it most likely because i was in pct at the time of the test? This is the first time this has happened to me so i have no clue on how to take it. Any advise would be appreciated if any of you have been in this situation before. I just want to make sure that I am fully recovered from my cycle and that i did not damage my pituitary gland or endocrine system. Any thoughts? Getting a follow-up in about 6 weeks just in case things have not yet returned to normal.[/quote]

Do you know what your test level was before your cycle?

lol @ getting bloodwork while on PCT–why?

How are you feeling? Symptoms of low test? Losing all your muscle from your cycle? how do you feel compared to your before cycle state?

What was your value (with range)? Any other bloodwork?

I would think by the last week of your PCT, you should have mostly recovered your natural test.

i think bones is on to something did you get bloodwork before you started? because you may have naturally low test. what are you taking for pct?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

I would think by the last week of your PCT, you should have mostly recovered your natural test.[/quote]

Why would you think that?

I’m guessing you have never had bloodwork done after a cycle because it don’t work that way. I’ve been off 2 months, PCT and all, and have not even reached the bottom range of normal for an 80yr old man. I’m prob going to take the rest of the year to recover or longer IF I ever do which I am starting to think is something that may never happen. Once you have been on for a while your natty levels are FUCKED.

[quote]INTERNETWARLORD wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

I would think by the last week of your PCT, you should have mostly recovered your natural test.[/quote]

Why would you think that?

I’m guessing you have never had bloodwork done after a cycle because it don’t work that way. I’ve been off 2 months, PCT and all, and have not even reached the bottom range of normal for an 80yr old man. I’m prob going to take the rest of the year to recover or longer IF I ever do which I am starting to think is something that may never happen. Once you have been on for a while your natty levels are FUCKED.[/quote]

Im guessing you dont realize that your situation is much closer to the exception than the rule.

Not that everyone recovers 100% by week X of PCT. But most people dont take a YEAR to recover.

You cant say “it dont work that way” just because you fucked your own body up. Basing a claim on a sample size of 1 is about as useful as playing pin the tail on the donkey when doing injections.

If youre claiming that recovery doesnt occur by the end of pct, why even do pct in the first place? The point of PCT is to recover the HPTAs natural function. If, as you claim, it dont work that way, why do people do it?

Lets use some common sense before saying crazy things in public.

[quote]INTERNETWARLORD wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

I would think by the last week of your PCT, you should have mostly recovered your natural test.[/quote]

Why would you think that?

[/quote]

I dunno…maybe because I’ve looked at literally thousands of blood results in the past couple years from people attempting to improve their hormone profile (in both a TRT and Steroids context)?

By last week of PCT, the SERM has had plenty of time to build up in the body and bind to the estrogen receptors and induce the desired LH/FSH response. Testes don’t exactly snooze when in the presence of LH/FSH–meaning their response to the stimulation is not going to lag a great deal.

But thanks for your valued opinion of how “it dont work”

I would get your pct drugs from a different source and do it again. If not, get on hrt and cruise, it sucks but its not going to ruin your life.

i did a nolva 40 20 20 20 recovery. along with trib towards the last 2 weeks. im feeling a little better now actually not the same as before but im getting there slowly but surely so im more optimistic about it now.