Low Test, Advice

use the edit feature post your temps in with your labs which you need more of… I don’t know what else to say…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
use the edit feature post your temps in with your labs which you need more of… I don’t know what else to say… sucks about your health insurance :([/quote]Health insurance? I never said anything about my insurance? I believe my insurance would cover a lot of these tests. I have been talking to my dad about the lab tests I need. He says he wants to send the results to an uncle of mine that is a pediatrician but I don’t know what good that would do. He wanted a second opinion. I will now begin editing my temperatures into the other post.

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
use the edit feature post your temps in with your labs which you need more of… I don’t know what else to say… sucks about your health insurance :([/quote]
My doctor is such an idiot. The day I told him about all my low test symptoms, he just said “you just have to live with it. See your dad’s head? It’s full of hair. Why would you want to have high test anyways? It’s just your genetics.” It’s partly my fault because I used the example of how my friend is as big as me and he just started lifting like 2 months ago. I’ve been in the gym for a year now. The doctor just took that as if I was jealous.

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
use the edit feature post your temps in with your labs which you need more of… I don’t know what else to say… sucks about your health insurance :([/quote]
The temperatures will be under all the lab tests. I will try to update it everyday.

lmao I’m sorry… I somehow got you mixed up or wrote in the wrong spot. lol no idea… It’s because your so young the Doc doesn’t want to hear about testosterone. Try and see what might be causing it first. If I were you at 16 I wouldn’t want to be on T… Actually I am 34 years old and i don’t want to be on T. If you need it that’s one thing but really it is a big pain in the asS. Listen to Tuna Get those labs :slight_smile:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
lmao I’m sorry… I somehow got you mixed up or wrote in the wrong spot. lol no idea… It’s because your so young the Doc doesn’t want to hear about testosterone. Try and see what might be causing it first. If I were you at 16 I wouldn’t want to be on T… Actually I am 34 years old and i don’t want to be on T. If you need it that’s one thing but really it is a big pain in the asS. Listen to Tuna Get those labs :)[/quote]
I would like to find out what’s wrong first but I wouldn’t hesitate to get on trt if it meant I would feel better. I don’t feel like a 16 year old should. At this point, I feel terrible. My temperatures have been pretty low these past few days. Is there a sticky on iodine intake?I wasn’t sure if I saw it in the thyroid basics.

EDIT: I just found it. I would also like to point out that my gyno has been bothering me lately. It just seems more swollen than usual and it kind of hurts if I touch it.

I would like to find out what’s wrong first but I wouldn’t hesitate to get on trt if it meant I would feel better. I don’t feel like a 16 year old should. At this point, I feel terrible. My temperatures have been pretty low these past few days. Is there a sticky on iodine intake?I wasn’t sure if I saw it in the thyroid basics.

EDIT: I just found it. I would also like to point out that my gyno has been bothering me lately. It just seems more swollen than usual and it kind of hurts if I touch it.[/quote

i would maybe think you need an AI at this point… lets get ksman or someone here to help ya cause im not giving advice to someone so young…just cause i don’t know enough to offer advice in this situation… all i can say is more labs :slight_smile: I’ll ask someone to come talk to ya ok… I feel for ya man…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

EDIT: I just found it. I would also like to point out that my gyno has been bothering me lately. It just seems more swollen than usual and it kind of hurts if I touch it.[/quote

i would maybe think you need an AI at this point… lets get ksman or someone here to help ya cause im not giving advice to someone so young…just cause i don’t know enough to offer advice in this situation… all i can say is more labs :slight_smile: I’ll ask someone to come talk to ya ok… I feel for ya man…[/quote]
Thank You.

no problem :slight_smile:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
no problem :)[/quote]
Would it not be worth it to bulk at this point. It does seem my gyno gets worse everytime I do and I don’t feel like I put on any substantial muscle mass or strength.

You appear to have hypothyroidism. You need a full thyroid panel, also testing for antibodies for Hashimoto’s etc. If clear for antibodies, start iodine replenishment.

So no iodized salt and no iodine in vitamins? Doc palpates your thyroid? Do not do labs within 24 hours of thyroid palpation. Does your neck appear thick around your throat? Asymmetrical or lumpy?

If you are iodine deficient, others in your household could be too. Ask about thyroid problems in your blood relatives.

Thyroid problems can mess up your HPTA.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • thyroid basics

This is the lab work that you need, plus more thyroid work:

ok I’ll answer ya. If it was me and i was worried about estrogen I wouldn’t be bulking with low T… Testosterone is turned into estrogen by way of aromatase. The more Fat the more aromatase esp belly fat. estrogen sits in testosterone receptors and doesn’t allow testosterone to work…

By your telling be your not making huge gains in muscle makes me believe you have gained fat and i would say it has come most likely in your chest and stomach area… These are guesses and its hard to tell someone of your height and weight not to try and gain but I think at least for now don’t push yourself with the heavy stuff… lets try and gain some strength and lose a little fat instead till you get your situation worked out. Try lighter weights and more reps and spend less time… You don’t have a lot of T and you need it even to repair and maintain… DO NOT JUMP ON T… listen to ksman as far as the thyroid stuff… i know you are prolly withen range i think 5 is out of range but they have seen this same story over and over again so get all those labs…

Try and keep a positive outlook. Do a Google search for food high in estrogen, stay away from them… also lets see some liver labs again alt ast, morning cortisol,glucose, DO at 8 am… will work good for everything else also as T should be measured in the morning …basically get everything you see in the stickies… :slight_smile:

Just to let you know… I have low free T and possibly thyroid problems with rt3… I am on a good dose of T and i feel like a bag of shit… this is why I’m saying don’t jump on T… Take it from me it doesn’t cure everything if your hpta can be brought back to life I would def recommend going that route…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
ok I’ll answer ya. If it was me and i was worried about estrogen I wouldn’t be bulking with low T… Testosterone is turned into estrogen by way of aromatase. The more Fat the more aromatase esp belly fat. estrogen sits in testosterone receptors and doesn’t allow testosterone to work…

By your telling be your not making huge gains in muscle makes me believe you have gained fat and i would say it has come most likely in your chest and stomach area… These are guesses and its hard to tell someone of your height and weight not to try and gain but I think at least for now don’t push yourself with the heavy stuff… lets try and gain some strength and lose a little fat instead till you get your situation worked out. Try lighter weights and more reps and spend less time… You don’t have a lot of T and you need it even to repair and maintain… DO NOT JUMP ON T… listen to ksman as far as the thyroid stuff… i know you are prolly withen range i think 5 is out of range but they have seen this same story over and over again so get all those labs…

Try and keep a positive outlook. Do a Google search for food high in estrogen, stay away from them… also lets see some liver labs again alt ast, morning cortisol,glucose, DO at 8 am… will work good for everything else also as T should be measured in the morning …basically get everything you see in the stickies… :slight_smile:

Just to let you know… I have low free T and possibly thyroid problems with rt3… I am on a good dose of T and i feel like a bag of shit… this is why I’m saying don’t jump on T… Take it from me it doesn’t cure everything if your hpta can be brought back to life I would def recommend going that route…[/quote]
Well how is it that the hpta can be brought back to normal? I would also like to mention that I have a lot of trouble falling asleep as I read that is one of the functions of the hypothalamus.

[quote]KSman wrote:
You appear to have hypothyroidism. You need a full thyroid panel, also testing for antibodies for Hashimoto’s etc. If clear for antibodies, start iodine replenishment.

So no iodized salt and no iodine in vitamins? Doc palpates your thyroid? Do not do labs within 24 hours of thyroid palpation. Does your neck appear thick around your throat? Asymmetrical or lumpy?

If you are iodine deficient, others in your household could be too. Ask about thyroid problems in your blood relatives.

Thyroid problems can mess up your HPTA.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • thyroid basics

This is the lab work that you need, plus more thyroid work:

[/quote]Reading the label on my multi-vit, it states that is has 25 mcg of iodine. I do seem to have small lumps on different areas of my neck but I’m not sure if they are just fatty tissue. The doctor has not palpated my throid.

Low T is a symptom of another problem, It could be your testes aren’t producing, but more likely at your age its related to thyroid, adrenal, or pituitary. These organs all form a hormonal feedback loop and if anything is out of whack it can cause your sex hormones to be low. Just do all the blood work and see what is lacking and try to fix the problem, instead of the symptom (lowT). If the problem is found and cannot be fixed then supp with T as a last resort.

I’m still working on finding my own cause for lowT. It takes some time. Getting the labs up front will save you a lot of time and you can start treating your problem, sooner rather than later. Your body temp is low, Idoine can fix that, I just went through that myself. Waiting a couple weeks to go get the blood tests cause I understand that iodine can muck up some of the numbers.

trouble sleeping could be many things… post above explains other questions…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
trouble sleeping could be many things… post above explains other questions…[/quote]
Idiot doctor is asking me to stop taking protein and creatine because "they sometimes put steroids in them."He wants to check my blood again in a month. Im so pissed off at everything right now. My dad actually agreed with him because “he has a medical degree.” I told my dad that you guys have warned of these idiots and he says “why do you listen to people on those blogs?” I’m really hating my life right now tbh.

lol… list of ingredients on protein and creatine… YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE TESTOSTERONE TALK… At the same time they need to figure out what is going on with you… Your doctor is an idiot… Where are you located? Tell your dad I am just a regular guy who is having a hard time also. If your dad excepts that kind of care for you his 16 year old son that’s very sad… Your testosterone should be skyrocketing right now…

The problem here isnt that the doctor won’t give you testosterone the problem is he won’t tell you or find out why you are having the issues… You need a new doctor… at this point I would ask for a referral to an endocrinologist… beg your dad to order labs…

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
lol… list of ingredients on protein and creatine… YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE TESTOSTERONE TALK… At the same time they need to figure out what is going on with you… Your doctor is an idiot… Where are you located? Tell your dad I am just a regular guy who is having a hard time also. If your dad excepts that kind of care for you his 16 year old son that’s very sad… Your testosterone should be skyrocketing right now… The problem here isnt that the doctor won’t give you testosterone the problem is he won’t tell you or find out why you are having the issues… You need a new doctor… at this point I would ask for a referral to an endocrinologist… beg your dad to order labs…[/quote]
I specifically told him that I am not interested in trt, at least until I get way more tests done. Can you believe that he actually advised me to go to a therapist? I told him of my symptoms and he said I should go to a therapist and that I might have A.D.D. He basically only wants the same tests done as last time, except he wants me to got off creatine and whey protein to see if my levels change. The ingredients on my protein supplement are pretty much the same as any other one. Cellucor Whey.

I also mentioned that something might be wrong with my thyroid as many of my family members have had hypothyroidism and other complications. I have a very slow metabolism too. I also have very dry skin and hair. I am almost certain this problem has to do more with my thyroid but I am not the expert here.

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
lol… list of ingredients on protein and creatine… YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE TESTOSTERONE TALK… At the same time they need to figure out what is going on with you… Your doctor is an idiot… Where are you located? Tell your dad I am just a regular guy who is having a hard time also. If your dad excepts that kind of care for you his 16 year old son that’s very sad… Your testosterone should be skyrocketing right now…

The problem here isnt that the doctor won’t give you testosterone the problem is he won’t tell you or find out why you are having the issues… You need a new doctor… at this point I would ask for a referral to an endocrinologist… beg your dad to order labs…[/quote]
I really wish I could just live a normal teen life. I see all these people my age going out, full of energy, and generally happy, with periods of stress and hardships of course.