Low Test 21 Year Old

A little confused at how all this is possible. I have gotten 2 blood panels done and show similar results. A little about me is that I am an active 21 year old, 245 pounds 14 percent bodyfat, 5’11, and a college athlete as well. I do not have any history of abnormal test levels, dont smoke, my diet is in check I eat 4-5 times a day and eat healthy probably 85-90 percent of the time. I drink occasionally but do not get drunk as I am an angry drunk. Training wise I lift 5 times a week and keep things simple and heavy lot of barbell work and run 2-3 times a week mainly speed work and agility drills. I’m not sure what other tests need to be done in order to figure out the cause of this and was just seeking some advice. Thanks for any help! Also I have a whole host of other numbers but am not sure which are relevant.

Test Serum 234 ng/dL 348-1197 mIU/ml
Free Test 6.8 pg/mL 9.3-26.5 pg/ml
LH 4.2 mIU/ML 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 1.6 mIU/ml 1.7-8.6 mIU/ml
Prolactin 16.2 ng/mL 4.0-15.2 ng/mL
T4 Free 1.41 ng/dL .82-1.77 ng/dL
TSH 2.160 uIU/mL .450-4.500 uIU/mL

Thyroid and prolactin look fishy but you have not posted ranges and units.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky and lab testing sticky.<~~ this should help you out.

you have the right idea on figuring out the problem!! :slight_smile:

Test Serum 234 ng/dL 348-1197 mIU/ml
Free Test 6.8 pg/mL 9.3-26.5 pg/ml
LH 4.2 mIU/ML 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 1.6 mIU/ml 1.7-8.6 mIU/ml
Prolactin 16.2 ng/mL 4.0-15.2 ng/mL
T4 Free 1.41 ng/dL .82-1.77 ng/dL
TSH 2.160 uIU/mL .450-4.500 uIU/mL

What’s the doc say about prolactin?

MRI should be discussed… Look up prolactinoma also look up high prolactin and familiarize yourself.

After you read those stickys edit your first post and copy and paste the questions in advice for new guys and answer them here.

She said prolactin wasn’t terribly high which I thought was shit after I looked up the levels across genders. However I dont have the symptoms associated with prolactinoma. The only real symptoms I have of anything irregular is a hard time waking up like Im in a fog, and don’t have morning wood like I used to.

Alright I met with an endocrinologist today and he prescribed me test. He also ordered an MRI for my dome on monday. He said that there is a good chance I’ve damaged my pituitary over the years of football or that I have a tumor. Will know more about this later hopefully by Tuesday.

Sorry for the late update but everything seems to have worked out fairly well. Figured out I have pituitary gland damage from head trauma which isn’t good by any means but does explain things a bit for me. My doctor prescribed me Test Cypionate at 200mg bi weekly. My first injection was this past Tuesday and holy hell I feel good. Its not like I’m king of the world feeling but I just feel good and more like myself. Also I feel like I just can’t get tired was at the gym today and nothing seemed to phase me.

[quote]minman50 wrote:
Sorry for the late update but everything seems to have worked out fairly well. Figured out I have pituitary gland damage from head trauma which isn’t good by any means but does explain things a bit for me. My doctor prescribed me Test Cypionate at 200mg bi weekly. My first injection was this past Tuesday and holy hell I feel good. Its not like I’m king of the world feeling but I just feel good and more like myself. Also I feel like I just can’t get tired was at the gym today and nothing seemed to phase me.[/quote]

I am really sorry to hear that shit happened to you. Im glad you got the treatment you need.
a few questions. did you have any recent major concussions? Did your strength rapidly decline ? your ambition? because of the low T

Please read the advice for new guys sticky.

You should be using hCG so you can father children. And as long as you are doing that, hCG alone may be all that you need. Otherwise your T dose is way too high. Is that 200mg/week or 400mg/week. Suggest that you do 100mg/week as per the stickies.

Check body temperatures, see the thyroid basics sticky. There may be more than one pituitary controlled system that is messed up. There are other issues, not just T. Also test AM cortisol.

Does college athletic department have medical services for sports related injuries or disabilities?

[quote]CircaThursday wrote:

[quote]minman50 wrote:
Sorry for the late update but everything seems to have worked out fairly well. Figured out I have pituitary gland damage from head trauma which isn’t good by any means but does explain things a bit for me. My doctor prescribed me Test Cypionate at 200mg bi weekly. My first injection was this past Tuesday and holy hell I feel good. Its not like I’m king of the world feeling but I just feel good and more like myself. Also I feel like I just can’t get tired was at the gym today and nothing seemed to phase me.[/quote]

I am really sorry to hear that shit happened to you. Im glad you got the treatment you need.
a few questions. did you have any recent major concussions? Did your strength rapidly decline ? your ambition? because of the low T[/quote]

There haven’t been any major ones as of lately. However; Ive had a handful playing and theres always those that never get diagnosed. As far as strength levels they did decline somewhat and the ambition wasn’t there at all. I’d go and do everything but there was never a feeling of satisfaction or want to be in the gym or on the field running it was more of a chore and something I felt I had to do no matter what.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Please read the advice for new guys sticky.

You should be using hCG so you can father children. And as long as you are doing that, hCG alone may be all that you need. Otherwise your T dose is way too high. Is that 200mg/week or 400mg/week. Suggest that you do 100mg/week as per the stickies.

Check body temperatures, see the thyroid basics sticky. There may be more than one pituitary controlled system that is messed up. There are other issues, not just T. Also test AM cortisol.

Does college athletic department have medical services for sports related injuries or disabilities?

[/quote]
It’s 200 mg every other week is what it is. Also I have a follow up with the Doc sometime in the next 2 weeks so I will look into the hcg.

Also what do you mean by medical services? I work with the head athletic trainer with all the stuff since it is a sports related injury but I don’t believe there is something set aside just for cases of disability. The athletic training department handles all sport related injuries.