Low T, What's my Next Step?

Hi, im 35 years old and from vancouver, BC. about 4 years ago i went to the hospital for a panic attack after waiting there for 1 1/2 hours i asked if i could go home, which the doctor replied “no, your having a heart attack” so they got me a bed and put me on some drugs and sent me out for a angiogram the next day (which turn out clear, so they called it myocarditis with a question mark beside it). since then i have not been feeling that well and hard for me to keep steady employment and im not fuctioning up to my normal self.

Ive been to tons of doctors and naturalpaths, and most dont turn up anything. but about three years back i saw a doctor/naturalpath who did some hormone testing and found my testosterone was at a 8, 8.8 being the cut off. he seemed interested in treating it but i relized it was a big decision and doing it through him would have cost me 200 each time i would see him. so i went to my family doctor with the results, hoping he would treat it. He didnt seem at all interested and told me unless you have sexaul dysfunction, we dont treat it.

So feeling kinda defeated i went along with it and every 6 months got it tested. The result were 8, 8.8, 10, 8.8 and then the last one tested a couple days ago was 6.6. So i called my doctors office, to which the receptionist said to me he saw your results and didnt make any notes about it, so no news is good news"

So now i am not sure what to do, i made a appointment for next week. But i know its just going to go around in circles and if by a miricle he sends me to a endo, it would still be atleast 6 months to see one. Im not even sure if i can get any other hormone blood work from him because they try to leave it to the spealist.i am alittle bit afraid that it could be something pressing on my putatary gland and at the start of this jurney, 6 months was do-able but now it almost feels hopeless.

My main reason for having hope in trt is more for brain fuction and mood, then any kind of physical gains.

I will try and find some more labs that ive had and post them, but everything else seems normal.

Most will experience symptoms below 15 nmol, all but one of your blood tests would have scored you a TRT protocol if you were in the USA. You issue once you start TRT is going to be your super low SHBG, SHBG is the foundation for activating and regulating sex hormones. Often when a guy starts TRT their SHBG will decrease a little, yours is already really low. Your other issue is most doctors are unskilled to properly manage your hormones are they are also afraid of prescribing TRT do to the stigmata surround it.

If you ever do manage to find a doctor that agrees you need TRT make she he/she understands you will require injections at least EOD or every day since low SHBG guys tend to excrete most of their T into your urine which is why you require more shots. Most docs don’t know this and have these cookie cutter protocols designed for everyone, for TRT to work it needs to be tailored to your pre-TRT labs otherwise you will feel worse than before you started. You’ll likely go through many doctors before you find one that will help you.

Also a poorly functioning thyroid will have some of the same symptoms as low T and will also lower your SHBG. If you wish to have kids HCG might be necessary as will an AI.

Your problem is serious, your doctor is not.

The problem seems to be your testes as T should be higher with your LH/FSH results. Prolactin and a prolactin secreting adinoma are not indicated by your lab work.

You can eval your DHEA status with DHEA-S lab work. At your age, DHEA low enough to reduce testicular T production is a really long shot, not expected.

You can eval your overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures as discussed below. Often we see thyroid problems caused by iodine deficiency - not using iodized salt.

Low T and/or low thyroid function can involve panic attacks.

Please provide other blood work. Have you tested?
fasting cholesterol
fasting glucose
A1C - not so common - diabetes

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Thank you for the reply, here are some more labs

Hello blury

like KSman said, i think your problem is from your testes, get a testicular ultrasound, or try a pregnancy test or HCG blood test to be sure you don’t have testicular cancer

and can you tell us more about your symptoms ?

i’m just like you reading tons of articles and navigating through this big ocean filled with a holes so called doctors

good luck brother!