Low T the Last 3 Labs..

Hey everybody, new here and I’ve been struggling with doctors telling me my labs are fine. I’m 34 5’11" 250lbs. Tired constantly and losing interest in everything, it sucks. My first labs yielded a 372 TT with 83 Free T. Disappointing but not terrible. 3 mos later diff doc next labs 243TT with 63 Free T… SHBG 10. Wtf. Now my symptoms make a lot of sense and I’m concerned. Next Lab 5 mos later, primary physician Free T 72. Not one doctor suggested trt.

I’m in the philadelphia area and these three labs have been over the course of a year. If anyone knows a doctor I’d be extremely grateful.

We can help: please -

carefully read the sticky ‘advice for new guys’, explore the other stickies

• do not assume that things there do not apply to you

we need info about you, post your labs with lab ranges

You need these:

• TT
  • FT
  • E2
  • DHEA-S
  • CBC
  • fasting glucose
  • fasting cholesterol
  • TSH
  • prolactin

Read the posts of others to see how things flow.

There is a steep learning curve. You really need to know this stuff, because your doctor does not.

Thanks… I’ll check my bw and read up on things. You guys have a lot of good info from what I read thus far.

Heres what i have so far… That was the highest T levels I tested.

TT- 372 (250-1100 nd)
FT- 83 (35-155 pg/ml)
E2- ?
Dhea-s- ?
CBC- white blood- 8.8 (3.8-10.8 thousand/ul)
red blood- 4.97 (4.20-5.80 million ul)
Hemoglobin- 15.5 (13.2-17.1 g/dl)
Hemotocrit- 45.6 (38.5-50 %)
Fasting glucose- 98 (55-99 mg/dl)
Fasting cholesterol - 163 (125-200 mg/dl)
Tsh- .88 (.4-4.5 miu/l)
Prolactin- 8.2 (2-18 ng/ml)

Cholesterol is getting a bit too low, that has negative consequences. However, many docs have been told otherwise by pharma reps.

Weight gain can be from low T and/or thyroid issues. What are body temps and iodine intake. Also see thyroid basics sticky.

WIll do… Body temps normal and iodine intake sufficient. I’ll check the sticky on thyroid basics. Thanx again Ksman.