T Nation

Low T Symptoms, Can't Get Treatment

I am 22 and suffer from low T symptoms such as difficulty putting on mass and strength and losing fat. I have a 36 inch waist. I suffer from chronic anxiety, depression, brain fog, lack of drive and motivation, and irritability.

I have been to 3 different endos and they all said they cannot treat me and that I am fine because my bio available levels are normal. One checked my balls and said they are fine.
But I still have symptoms, and low total T. What should I do??? Is something else causing my symptoms? I do not want to self diagnose.
Total T - 362 ng/dL (348-1197)
Free T - 7.9 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)
Bioavailable (Free+Weakly Bound) - 49.4% (9-46) // 178.8 ng/dL (40-250)
LH - 4.1 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH - 2.5 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)
Prolactin - 6.4 ng/mL (4-15.2)
Estradiol - 43.9 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
Cortisol AM - 16.2 ug/dL (6.2-19.4)

TT is the better evaluation of overall state. LH, FT and Bio-T all fluctuate and LH [short half life was obviously high relative to FSH levels which are quite steady [longer half life].

You levels are low for your age.

You have high E2 levels which are partly responsible for your reduced FSH/LH levels.

There are 7 stickies here and they do not have icons.

Please read:

• advice for new guys
    – note first paragraph
  • thyroid basics
    – check body temperature as directed
  • finding a TRT doc *****************

Endos are as a group the worst doctors for these kinds of problems. Urologists are also collectively idiot doctors.

Thyroid problems can cause or contribute to the type of problems that you have.

Please post your CBC lab work

Post more info about you.

We need to look for the cause of your problems and what you have posted describes the symptoms and does not help with finding the root cause. There can be multiple problems.

Just so you know, we have a good number of guys with your age+issues here.

Your E2 is way too high and this makes you VERY estrogen dominant and this suppresses LH/FSH and lowers T levels. You should be started on 0.5 mg/week anastrozole/Arimidex in divided doses, see the stickies.

Labs - also need:
CBC
fasting cholesterol
fasting glucose
AST/ALT - liver health
TSH
fT3
fT4

List all medications, Rx or OTC. Some mess with liver function and increase E2 by reducing E2 clearance.

Not to be an ass, but have you tried…training more sensibly and eating a higher protein diet? If your lack of progress in the gym is your big “tip off” to having issues that your bloodwork suggests don’t exist, perhaps that could be the reason? Your gym numbers aren’t that terrible: you just sound like the average guy I would see at my university’s gym.

So try a better diet and switching your training routine for starters… A lot of the younger people who come to these boards seem to use “I must have low t” as the excuse for not making the progress they hope to see.

Hey there,

I too am having the similar issues on trying to increase testosterone levels and reduce estrogen levels but no Doctor around here will help. I am 25 and of Bengali descent.

Here are my levels

SHBG- 16(10-50 nmol/L)

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE, FREE SERUM 3.43 (pg/ml)
33 (16-79 ng/dl)

TESTOSTERONE, FREE 1.38 (0.87-5.47 ng/dl)

TOTAL TEST 412 (300-1000 ng/dl)

FSH 2.2 (1.7-11.2 mIU/ml)

ESTRADIOL 63.8 (20.0-75.0 pg/ml)

PROLACTIN 4.3 (3.3-20.8 ng/ml)

TSH 1.4 (0.5-6.0 uIU/ml)

Clearly you can see higher estrogen and lower testosterone levels for my age, for how long would I take arimidex and HCG to balance out my levels and do I just stop taking it once my levels balance??