T Nation

Low T on Injections

Hello,

I’m writing here because I’m really clueless about my situation. I also have to add that I live in France and that doctors in our country have absolutely 0 knowledge on TRT. 30 YO male, quite sporty with very active lifestyle. I think I’ve pretty much suffered all my life from hypogonadism as I’ve always looked younger and had a late puberty, low muscle mass and never had morning wood on a regular basis, it has always been occasionnal. I also have a patchy beard which takes longer to grow.
Never bothered me at the beginning of my 20’s, libido was good with first girlfriend and in an overall manner my mood/energy is good. Things started to get tricky at around 24 when I started to experience ED issues.
I went to see an endoc at 26 for this and he made bloodwork. Everything seemed OK except Bioavailable T.
I’ve done several bloodworks and my Bioavailable T always appeared below the normal range.

Here are the results I have :

-FSH : 6.67 mUI/ml
-LH : 4.21 UI/l
-Total T : 4.14 ng/ml // 14.37 nmol/l
-TEBG − sex binding protein SHBG : 32, 04 nmol/L
-Free T4 11.63 pmol/l
-T.S.H. 1.385 μUI/ml

I don’t have the exact numbers but I remember from other bloodworks that oestradiol is OK (in range) . I also have to mention that i have low cholesterol, below the normal range.

This being said, when my doctor realised that my Bio T was below normal, he prescribed me Androtardyl IM (T enanthate 250) shots. Those have been administered by a professional nurse. One shot every two weeks. This is the standard protocol for TRT in France… During treatment I never felt anything really different. No more muscle mass even thoug working out, no morning wood, no improvement in libido or self confidence…

After 4 shots (Bloodwork taken 4 days after Injection)

Bioavailable T : 0, 75 ng/mL // 2, 60 nmol/L
Total T 2.14 ng/ml // 7.43 nmol/l

So Actually my Total and Bio T was actually lower on injections than without… I don’t have any more data as doctor did not monitor oestradiol or anything else with that bloodwork.
After that we tried Androgel and it never had any positive impact either…

I tried to find some explanations but I can’t. Do you have any ideas on what could cause such and ineffectiveness of the trt protocol?

Thanks a lot by advance :slight_smile:

Injections every 2 weeks is a terrible protocol and is proven to not work in clinical studies (link below), that’s why you feel no different on TRT, because your testosterone never stays in the therapeutic ranges for very long.

You were put on a cookie cutter protocol design for everyone in a world where everyone is biochemically unique. Everyone metabolizes testosterone at a different rate, most men do well on two injections per week. I would start by injecting 50mg twice weekly.

Some guys do good on weekly, twice weekly or more frequent injections per week as everyone is different. Men typically don’t absorb T-Gel’s very well at all.

You are going to have to educate yourself on TRT, these studies have been out there for more than a decade and your doctors have never known it exists which likely has to do with the fact that your doctor doesn’t specialize in TRT and is outside his area of expertise.

Pay close attention to figure 1, graph B. Levels drop out of the therapeutic ranges after 6 days of a 200mg injection.

The 12 Year-Old Study That Proves Testosterone Injections Every Two Weeks Fail

Serum levels of Total T and Free T on day 14 after administration were lower than their pre-TRT values.

Thanks Systemlord for your reply ! I appreciate a lot! I actually read a lot about TRT and many topics go in your way. Your protocol is for sure way more effective. The only thing I don’t know is just why my levels are low even just 4 days after injecting… I thought I would feel benefits for a few days and that that would just fade away but it’s not the case. Do you think T needs to stack to a steady level to become visible in bloodwork and effective? Are there some people on which trt just does not work or is it impossible?

Also my other concern is that people in France don’t know anything about this protocol… neither about HCG or Arimidex… That would make be deal with my trt from a greymarket source without doctor follow up or possibility to monitor my levels… which kinda sucks…

Are there safe sources of T / hcg that would ship worldwide?

Thanks again

You’re welcome.

That could mean you hyper metabolize and or hyper excrete testosterone, I’ve seen guys with midrange and higher SHBG levels see testosterone levels fall faster than usual. If this is the case injections EOD may be needed, we have a few of those guys here as members injecting 40-50mg EOD to keep levels elevated.

Unfortunately the majority of doctors are of little help other than monitoring CBC labs, the world has a shortage of doctors who are knowledgeable in TRT.

You can always consult with doctors here to help guide your treatment, Defy medical can help with advice and have even been known to consult with doctors in other countries.

Response to TRT is measured in 6-12 months, a lot of men have unrealistic expectations.

Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, with no further increments expected beyond. Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months. Effects on quality of life manifest within 3–4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer. Effects on depressive mood become detectable after 3–6 weeks with a maximum after 18–30 weeks. Effects on erythropoiesis are evident at 3 months, peaking at 9–12 months. Prostate-specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase should be related to aging rather than therapy.

Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6–12 months. Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on glycemic control become evident only after 3–12 months. Changes in fat mass, lean body mass, and muscle strength occur within 12–16 weeks, stabilize at 6–12 months, but can marginally continue over years. Effects on inflammation occur within 3–12 weeks. Effects on bone are detectable already after 6 months while continuing at least for 3 years.

The time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.