Low T, My Bloodwork

Hello,

I am struggling with low T, symptoms: fatique, ed, anxiety etc… . For a year now i don’t have morning and nocturnal erections. I am 33 years old male, good shape…workingout last 3 months 5 days a week, 3 days lifting weights, 2 days cardio. I stoped smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.

My bloodwork:
23.9.2011 9:49
Total T= 360 ng/dl (175 - 780)
TSH = 1,11 mIU/L (0,27 - 4,2)
Free T = 1,93% (1,68 - 2,97)
DHEA-S = 8,60 µmol/L (2,88 - 12,59)
Cortizol = 367,6 nmol/L (185 - 624)
Prolactin = 97,0 mIU/L (56 - 278)
SHBG = 35,3 nmol/L (13,3 - 89.5)

My endo said that my bloodwork is perfect :)) but i did my own resarch and found that i have T levels like 85 years old man.

My Bloodwork:
4.4.2012 7:27

Total T= 360 ng/dl (175 - 780)
TSH = 3,01 mIU/L (0,27 - 4,2)
Free T = 2,18% (1,68 - 2,97)
DHEA-S = 10,70 µmol/L (2,88 - 12,59)
Cortizol = 523,2 nmol/L (185 - 624)
Prolactin = 134,0 mIU/L (56 - 278)
SHBG = 28,7 nmol/L (13,3 - 89.5)
Vitamin D = 55,9 nmol/L (>50)
LH = 1,7 IU/L (1,2 - 8,6)
FSH = 3,9 IU/L (1,3 - 19,3)
E2 = 30 pg/ml (<47)

What can i do now? can i restore my T levels naturaly or i need to run restart protocol with nolva, clomid, hcg??

Sorry about my english :slight_smile:

I had been working out intensely since 7th grade. I was female swimmer powerlifting 180 hang clean, 350 box squat, and 180 bench press my freshman year in highschool. Come my freshman year in college I was participating in a D-1 athletic program training about 24 hours a week.

Regardless of all this, I got blood work done that year showing I had low testosterone for a female. I looked up a bunch of ways to naturally boost my T. While I was an athlete and couldn’t use many substances I wouldn’t have even thought to use them even if I wasn’t an athlete. I am all about doing things the right way, no cheating.

I really focused on my diet and ate raw broccoli 3 times a day. I also started taking ZMA (zinc and magnesium and B6)which has never been “proven” to boost T but I had a different experience with it. About 2 weeks into my diet/supplement change I noticed an increase in recovery and strength. My body composition changed dramatically and while the fat loss wasn’t due to the ZMA alone, I dropped 10% body fat in 3 months.

I also started breaking out quite a bit which makes me question my change in T. I am not promoting eating only broccoli and running out to the store to buy ZMA, but I do think that a little research on naturally altering you testosterone will benefit you in the long run. Not everyone works the same way, so what worked for me may not work for you. If you are not watching your diet, you testosterone may be to blame. Check that out!

OP you need to go back and your post to add in the lab ranges. It is hard to work with just numbers.

Your TSH changed dramtically in those few months between tests. This oculd indicate some sort of thyroid disorder. I would get the full thyroid panel done (FT3, FT4, and the two thyroid antibodies, dont remember what they’re called).

Cortisol also showed a pretty hefty increase. Also indicative of some sort of immune disorder or illness.

tnx for advice, but ZMA is not for me…i feel anxiety when i take zma products, and i cannot sleep :slight_smile: I think that vitamin B6 is a problem for me, but i will try only zinc supplement.

Brocoli can lower estrogen levels, but eating raw brocoli 3 times a day is impossible for me, but i ordered Indoplex DIM (DIM is a natural phytonutrient found in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage).

I did my resarch and last three months i am trying to naturaly restart my T levels, but no success for now
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How-To-Increase-Testosterone-Naturally.aspx

Ok…I changed the post and I added a reference values. I thought that cortisol should be high in the morning, the TSH I noticed the difference but I thought that this value is ok. My new doctor (urologist) sent me to semen analasys!!!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
OP you need to go back and your post to add in the lab ranges. It is hard to work with just numbers.

Your TSH changed dramtically in those few months between tests. This oculd indicate some sort of thyroid disorder. I would get the full thyroid panel done (FT3, FT4, and the two thyroid antibodies, dont remember what they’re called).

Cortisol also showed a pretty hefty increase. Also indicative of some sort of immune disorder or illness.[/quote]

Antithyroglobulin Antibodies (ATA) and Thyroid PerOxidase (TPO) are the antibody tests. Would be worth it to rule out Hashi’s (which can cause big swings in TSH). Definitely need FT3 and FT4 as well.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Cortisol also showed a pretty hefty increase. Also indicative of some sort of immune disorder or illness.[/quote]

Antithyroglobulin Antibodies (ATA) and Thyroid PerOxidase (TPO) are the antibody tests. Would be worth it to rule out Hashi’s (which can cause big swings in TSH). Definitely need FT3 and FT4 as well.

[/quote]
^^This…only recommending it because >3 is indicative of a possible problem, and the fact that it has tripled in a few months is suspicious.

Ignore what I said about the cortisol, since you didnt put the reference ranges initially, I was guessing at the upper range from memory and missed the mark. Its fine.

tnx…you guys are really great…
do you think that my low T is because tyroid problems? what abou lh and fsh levels? i think that they are low…

IF a thyroid problem is present, it is likely contributing to the LH/FSH values, which is contributing to Low T…you have to rule one out, which is the most glaring, before trying to sort out the others.

Ok…i did another bloodwork today:
27.4.2012 10:58
T3 = 1,8 nmol/L (1,3 - 3,8)
T4 = 106 nmol/L (66 - 181)
FT3 = 4,3 pmol/L (3,1 - 6,8)
FT4 = 18 pmol/L (12 - 22)
ATG-At (ATA) = 22,1 kIU/L ( < 115)
Anti-TPO = 22,5 kIU/L ( < 34)

Ok…i did another bloodwork today:
27.4.2012 10:58
T3 = 1,8 nmol/L (1,3 - 3,8)
T4 = 106 nmol/L (66 - 181)
FT3 = 4,3 pmol/L (3,1 - 6,8)
FT4 = 18 pmol/L (12 - 22)
ATG-At (ATA) = 22,1 kIU/L ( < 115)
Anti-TPO = 22,5 kIU/L ( < 34)

Everything seems normal to me, is my thryoid working ok?

I don’t see anything of immediate concern in your thyroid. It’s not optimal, but it should not be causing your issues IMO.

I don’t know what to tell you from here mate.

LH and FSH are definitely on the low side, but its not evident why. You may talk to your doctor about a SERM challenge to see if that will raise your LH/FSH, and subsequently your testosterone.

I also notice your Vit D is a bit on the low side–you should really be supplementing if you arent already, and if you are increase the dose. 6,000 iu/day is a good amount.

[quote]jdpskdin wrote:
tnx for advice, but ZMA is not for me…i feel anxiety when i take zma products, and i cannot sleep :slight_smile: I think that vitamin B6 is a problem for me, but i will try only zinc supplement.

Brocoli can lower estrogen levels, but eating raw brocoli 3 times a day is impossible for me, but i ordered Indoplex DIM (DIM is a natural phytonutrient found in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage).

I did my resarch and last three months i am trying to naturaly restart my T levels, but no success for now
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How-To-Increase-Testosterone-Naturally.as

Again, different strokes for different folks. I am a female so that works well for me. If you know if doesn’t work for you then don’t do it. Maybe you are a rare exception that needs to try something a little more extreme.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How-To-Increase-Testosterone-Naturally.aspx (#5)

Not a fan of reading strange articles from strange places but this is a basic concept that you probably know but thought i would reiterate.

*Broccoli lowers estrogen resulting in a boosted T.
A lot of articles say that men with low testosterone levels also have very high estrogen levels. I mean that is a very basic thought, however, sometimes you need to start at the basics before you jump to something else.