Low T Levels at 17?

Low thyroid hormones and low T have virtually the same symptoms, testosterone can’t work without good thyroid hormones Free T3, the only free thyroid hormone.

I’m on TRT and my results are underwhelming and while I have great Free T3 levels, high Reverse T3 is blocking Free T3 from entering my cells. Therefore TRT isn’t able to work as well as it could.

Not true:

IA%20LC%2023-23

Your levels aren’t elevated, the Roche ECLIA methodology tends to overstate the higher estrogen increases in the majority of men.

I see it the majority of the time, then guys are placed on AI on falsely elevated E2 levels.

I wish you would just stop, I am getting tired of this back and forth with you. It’s getting childish.

The commonly used estradiol test may overestimate estradiol. That test uses immunoassay technology that cannot differentiate C-Reactive Protein (involved in inflammation) from estradiol, so it reads the combination of the two as estradiol. This sensitive estradiol test is based on liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS), an assay technology that does not have that limitation.

Adult Men. The use of a sensitive, LC/MS assay for serum E2 measurement in males is preferred over direct immunoassays because of its greater sensitivity and lesser interference by other steroids. In males, estradiol is present at low concentrations in blood, but it is extraordinarily high in semen. Estradiol plays an important role in epididymal function and sperm maturation and is essential for normal spermatogenesis and sperm motility.

Here is an example of Roche ECLIA method “overstating” higher estradiol, only to see the LC/MS/MS method overstating it further:

Right. What if CRP is zero, as it usually is?

Lab error, you are forgetting humans are involved in this process. The sensitive method leaves out the guesswork and having to go back and retest.

This is Labcorp saying the quoting above and if you disagree with them, then perhaps you should take up the matter with them and not me.

I can’t work with what if or maybe.

OK, which of the four tests in the two examples I posted are in error? I’m well aware that humans operate the equipment. I actually talked to one who does. Remember? She is a PhD researcher for a major pharmaceutical company, the one you referred to as “some lab tech”. Plus, an MD with Quest. Do you recall what he said?

If LabCorp posts anything here I will take it up with them. That would be great.

You are posting here however, and you keep making statements that are incorrect, like IA is the incorrect test or it is for women. That’s just not true as a blanket statement. Meanwhile, you have guys here freaking out over being unable to get the sensitive test, or losing confidence in their doctors because the doctors are “idiots”. Others have posted examples supporting what I have stated and have also spoken to lab professionals and have been told the same things I was told.

Still waiting for you to post all these examples you see.

Sure you can. What do you think the result would be if there is no CRP in the blood? Would that reduce the odds of a false positive high result?

Majority of the time? How do you know this? Examples please?

I wish you would stop posting what, in my opinion, is misleading information. I think you are wrong, though I am open to changing my mind. You think I am wrong. It’s OK, we both get to have an opinion. I don’t think there is anything wrong with either of us stating it. I’m citing examples/evidence of why I think I am right, or may be right. You can state yours. Guys here can read and make up their own minds.

By the way, unless I get kicked off of here for disagreeing with another member, I will continue to try to help others. Plus, I’m a meathead and have a long history with hormones. I lifted heavy weights in the day, at a high level, and still do for an old guy. Because of that, I know A LOT of similar guys for which this is a way of life now. We train, eat right, keep our muscle and stay in shape as best as we can. We also talk, some are into the technical aspects of TRT like we are and are very interested. Many will be getting both tests from their doctors, some see mine. I’ll gather more data. It will be interesting.

Lastly, I do not think you are childish for disagreeing with me. I don’t think I am for disagreeing with you, but again, you get your opinion and if you think I am childish, so be it. I think I am being polite

We need to be free to state our disagreements in a forum where ANYONE can post ANYTHING. And make up stuff.

Even if you have a member disagree and state his viewpoint on the same thing. I applaud the time you take to object to something you know to be misleading. We can easily give up and newbies will get incomplete or wrong info.

I have taken dozens of lcms and eia estradiol tests and I can say the eia assay has been most consistent for me. I believe that the lcms is better when readings are very low since it’s more sensitive. I also believe the lcms assay is more subject to lab technician error since the test is more complicated and not as automated as the eia assay.

Maybe when it becomes the standard and FDA approves the lcms assay will be better. It is my understanding it is not FDA approved and each lab co establishes procedure.

1 Like

Thank you. Same to you.

Yes, that is exactly what I was told by the two doctors.

Yeah you’re right, but the thing is my next meet is in April, it’s a national meet and I’m only doing it to qualify for IPL Worlds, which will be in November next year. I already hit the qualification numbers so the next real challenge is in a year and that’s sooo far away. I might set some mini goals through the year as to what I would like to hit and when, what do you think? I’m starting to take vitamin D daily from now on also, I hope that will help a bit.
And thank you by the way! :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you. It looks like you know your stuff, thanks for your reply. I’ll start with the vitamin D and slowly move on to tweaking other things, like diet etc.