Low T History

I am 45. Started feeling like crap back in beginning 2012. I have had a slightly hyper and enlarged thyroid for a while, so I got my Total T checked and it was a 280 ng/dL. Been seeing an Endo for my thyroid and they have now decided not to do anything since medicine might make me go hypo. So here are my results.

Thyroid (last)
TSH-LC: .315mIU/mL - up from .28
Free T4: 1.48ng/dL - down from 1.64
Free T3: Haven’t tested in a while but was in the middle of normal

Hormones:
6/2012
LH: 6.8mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 6.9mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)
2/2013
testosterone, total, lc/ms: 578.4ng/dL (348.0-1197.0)
free testosterone(direct): 17.9pg/mL (6.8-21.5)
testosterone, serum: 486ng/dL (348-1197)
estradiol: 31.7pg/mL (7.6-42.6)

vitamin d, 25-hydroxy: 46.8ng/mL (30.0-100.0) - was 25 and started 4K IU D3 to get this

So I guess my E2 is high. Getting some Triazole until I can see the endo in May and discuss. My Total T (serum) has ranged from 280-551. It goes higher when I start lifting (my 551 reading) and if I stop will go down to ~380.

apparently not this Triazole - Wikipedia

I agree with your intent. RC anastrozole would be cheaper in terms of AI action.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky

• post lab results with range
  • did you have a history of iodine deficiency?

No. Driven Sports Triazole. It is an OTC AI. I thought I would try it until I can get to the Endo to ask about another AI.

I have an older Iodine test around somewhere and it was normal. Will look around.

I am having trouble loosing weight. I did the same exercising 5-6 years ago before my low T and went from 204.5->178 in no time. A couple of years ago I felt my sex drive cut in about half in about 1 month. It was noticeable. I then got my 280 Total Test reading. I have been working out now and I am still stuck at 201.5. I am wearing smaller waist than I did last time and lifting more than last time I lost weight.

“it was normal” is the curse of modern medicine! Please try to find the data.

When you felt your libido slipping away, what happened prior to that? Blow to the head, whiplash? High fever? Testes ached? Pro-hormone use? Deca? Hair loss medication? High stress events?

Please try to address all of my points: "- did you have a history of iodine deficiency? "

You do not have hypothyroidism. You T levels do not explain how you feel. Lowering E2 a little bit might be helpful. You should explore thyroid issues more deeply and also check AM Cortisol, do at 8AM.

Read the thyroid basics sticky, then check oral waking and mid afternoon body temperatures. If temps are low and fT3, fT4 are mid range or higher, then rT3 might be high and should be tested. If rT3 is elevated, this is a strong indicator of adrenal fatigue and that should be considered.

Iodine deficiency can increase TSH in response to lower thyroid levels, the thyroid gets enlarged, hormone producing nodules form that are not controlled by TSH, thyroid levels increase, TSH levels get low, now a case of hyperthyroidism.