T Nation

Low T from Steroids?

So I just got my blood tested for my test levels and they are low. I am a 25 year old male and have been lifting for almost 10 years. My test level was around 8%. I have done steroids but I do not abuse them. I have only done 3 cycles. I have done a test cycle for only a month my first time and did pct. My second cycle was not for almost a couple years later where I did test for 10 weeks and did the necessary pct with nolvadex. I did the 3rd cycle almost 5 months after being completely clean of the second (5 months after pct was over).

My last cycle ended around June. I just got my tests last week, so it was been months since I have stopped pct. I don't know what is going on and am really concerned. I was planning on starting a bulk cycle soon but am unsure now because of this news. When I was younger, around 18-20 I did screw around with prohormones and did not know much about pct. Could that be the cause? Any input would be appreciated.

You would need more comprehensive bloodwork to check your overall homonal balance as there are many factors that account for your low test levels.

But, YES, use of steroids can potentially cause permanent damage to your HPTA. EVEN WITH THE GREATEST PCT IN THE WORLD.

You fuckers better get that through your heads before you decide to start using.

Why am I laughing?
“I have done steroids but I do not abuse them.”

and if you want to attempt a restart:

In most USA States, you can order your own lab work from various WWW sites.

In the TRT forum, see these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc

I don’t know why you’re laughing either because using gear and abusing gear are not one in the same. Anyone with some meaningful input?

Androgenic anabolic steroid exposure during adolescence: ramifications for brain development and behavior.

Cunningham RL1, Lumia AR, McGinnis MY.
Author information
Horm Behav. 2013 Jul;64(2):350-6. doi: 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2012.12.009. Epub 2012 Dec 26.

This article is part of a Special Issue “Puberty and Adolescence”. Puberty is a critical period for brain maturation that is highly dependent on gonadal sex hormones. Modifications in the gonadal steroid environment, via the use of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), have been shown to affect brain development and behavior. Studies in both humans and animal models indicate that AAS exposure during adolescence alters normal brain remodeling, including structural changes and neurotransmitter function. The most commonly reported behavioral effect is an increase in aggression. Evidence has been presented to identify factors that influence the effect of AAS on the expression of aggression. The chemical composition of the AAS plays a major role in determining whether aggression is displayed, with testosterone being the most effective. The hormonal context, the environmental context, physical provocation and the perceived threat during the social encounter have all been found to influence the expression of aggression and sexual behavior. All of these factors point toward an altered behavioral state that includes an increased readiness to respond to a social encounter with heightened vigilance and enhanced motivation. This AAS-induced state may be defined as emboldenment. The evidence suggests that the use of AAS during this critical period of development may increase the risk for maladaptive behaviors along with neurological disorders.

High-dose testosterone treatment is applied during puberty to reduce the predicted adult height in excessively tall boys. To date it has remained unclear whether this therapy produces any long-term effects on reproductive functions of the patients. To clarify this question, we performed a follow-up study in 47 tall men, determining seminal and hormonal parameters 10.6 +/- 2.5 years (mean +/- SD) after cessation of therapy. The tall men treated were compared with 123 normal men attending the Institute of Reproductive Medicine as volunteers for various clinical studies. Clinical examination revealed a significantly higher prevalence of varicoceles and history of maldescended testes in the testosterone-treated tall men compared with the controls. Semen analysis revealed significantly lower progressive motility in the tall men compared with the normal men (49.2 +/- 13.4 vs. 54.3 +/- 12.8%). A nonsignificant tendency towards lower sperm concentration (43.8 +/- 35.4 vs. 57.8 +/- 45.6 mL/mL), lower total sperm count (184.4 +/- 158.0 vs. 225.4 +/- 277.5 mL/ejaculate), and reduced normal sperm morphology (27.6 +/- 12.5 vs. 30.9 +/- 13.1%) was evident in the testosterone-treated tall men. Although there was no difference in testicular volume and FSH between the groups, testosterone was lower in the testosterone-treated tall men (19.9 +/- 7.4 vs. 23.9 +/- 7.0 nmol/L). Statistical analysis of the subgroups of testosterone-treated tall men and control men without varicocele and cryptorchidism revealed no differences in any ejaculate parameter. The small difference in semen variables may be explained by a higher prevalence of varicocele and maldescended testes in the testosterone-treated tall men.

At a mean follow-up of 21 yr after high-dose androgen treatment, we conclude that fatherhood and semen quality in tall treated men are not affected. Serum testosterone levels, however, are reduced in androgen-treated men. Future research is required to determine whether declining testosterone levels may become clinically relevant for these men as they age.

[quote]jrusso1212 wrote:
using gear and abusing gear are not one in the same. [/quote]
Using AAS without any medical basis is abuse.

[quote]jrusso1212 wrote:
I don’t know why you’re laughing either because using gear and abusing gear are not one in the same. Anyone with some meaningful input?[/quote]

You little prick. Watch your mouth. Ksam said he was laughing because your post is quite ironic
Anyone with some meaningful input??? He posted a link to a restart and gave you the additional tools you need to better educate yourself; litterally NO effort to be made on your part
Click on the links and read A-hole!

BTW - low T is predominant in our society these days. It’s hard to not have low T. You mess with steroids and you increase your risks. Some people do not fair well with cycling and recommend lifelong TRT