T Nation

Low T Effects on Body Appearance

Hi all-
I found out last year I have low T. It’s not out of range, but damn near. (Lowest has been total 250 highest 361 of the 3-4 tests taken)
I have a pretty small body frame; small shoulders, thin arms, thin ankles and legs, thin neck/ face. Along with that I have a small gut, love handles, and moderate gynecomastia.

Let’s say my T has always been low normal, throughout my developmental years as well… if I were to get my T in check (500-600+) would I notice any difference in time as far as my frame is concerned?

Is it possible to have increased facial hair from having a normal level of T? (if in fact I’d been low normal my whole life?)

I’m 29 now. Can only grow a goatee if it’s kept relatively long (too thin otherwise) and barely any hair on jaw line or cheeks. Lower hair density than most guys on arms and legs. Thinner arms, hands, wrists, ankles, etc than most guys. I have grown obsessed with comparing (in my head) other guys parts (arms legs hair body shape) to mine. I can’t help but wonder why I’m so… soft, even compared to guys who don’t appear to work out.

Anyways- thoughts? Can getting my T in line help my mood, and hopefully fill out my body a bit to be more balanced? Or do I have shitty genes?

[quote]lowTinTX wrote:
Hi all-
I found out last year I have low T. It’s not out of range, but damn near. (Lowest has been total 250 highest 361 of the 3-4 tests taken)
I have a pretty small body frame; small shoulders, thin arms, thin ankles and legs, thin neck/ face. Along with that I have a small gut, love handles, and moderate gynecomastia.

Let’s say my T has always been low normal, throughout my developmental years as well… if I were to get my T in check (500-600+) would I notice any difference in time as far as my frame is concerned?

Is it possible to have increased facial hair from having a normal level of T? (if in fact I’d been low normal my whole life?)

I’m 29 now. Can only grow a goatee if it’s kept relatively long (too thin otherwise) and barely any hair on jaw line or cheeks. Lower hair density than most guys on arms and legs. Thinner arms, hands, wrists, ankles, etc than most guys. I have grown obsessed with comparing (in my head) other guys parts (arms legs hair body shape) to mine. I can’t help but wonder why I’m so… soft, even compared to guys who don’t appear to work out.

Anyways- thoughts? Can getting my T in line help my mood, and hopefully fill out my body a bit to be more balanced? Or do I have shitty genes?[/quote]

I won’t go into to much detail, but do you Train? You need to hit the gym, hard, often, and not exceed your recovery abilities. Some men that’s only 2-3 days/wk at the gym.

Diet, training have the biggest effect on body softness I believe. Women can become hard and they have very low T :wink:

Right I agree. I attempt to- but have such poor energy and it generally runs out fast. Also haven’t noticed much gain at all from lifting. No progression. So far. I should be lifting more by now.

I agree about that aspect.
Does anyone have any feedback about the general frame? Hair?
Masculinity and confidence?
I sometimes feel masculine and right next to that, confident. A lot of days I feel the opposite. They seem to go hand in hand.

All feedback appreciated.