Low T-Cognitive Impairment Connected?

iw84

Your report is unusual. The fact that you and your friend both had the similar issues is then all the more strange from a statistical point of view. Stated another way, very improbable. The simplest explanation is that there is something wrong with the product that you are using.

• product could be over strength
  • your dosing is wrong
  • product is contaminated.

Please stop creating fear and doubt until you can resolve the above. That will be in the best interests of everyone.

my dosing was what you said one should take. product is 32.5 mg my friend took half and almost had a freakn heart attack… product contains calcium 72 mg, potassium iodide 32.5 mg… other ingredients dibasic calcium phosphate,stearic acid, modified cellulose gum,colloidal silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate…

on the bottle it says one can take up to 4 tablets once daily for short term use up to ten days… I asked you about the product you said iodine is iodine your body will use it…

My friend is in very good shape and it kicked his ass…

two days later my friend is telling me its hard to swallow and his “lymph nodes” hurt to touch?

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
two days later my friend is telling me its hard to swallow and his “lymph nodes” hurt to touch?[/quote]

KSMan would selenium help in his case if he got too much iodine?

Iodine never bothered me though. But I think my doc once told me not to take it because at one point I had hashimoto’s antibodies and amazingly those antibodies disappeared on a followup test years later.

The other day I ordered myself a ZRT urine test for iodine just to see if I’m deficient before I take any.

He was taking selenium and Vit c… :frowning: We were just at the hospital for 8 hours

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
He was taking selenium and Vit c… :frowning: We were just at the hospital for 8 hours[/quote]

Wow that’s something. Was it like thyrotoxosis? rapid heart rate, sweating, the runs and stuff like that?

What ksman said about product strength or contamination makes sense. The stuff is not FDA regulated. Some guy might be making it in his garage with fancy bottles and labels, might have messed up.

it came from vitamine shoppe a very popular place and huge store… Yes those were some of his symptoms. I was even sweating but i took a much higher dose then him he only took like half a pill… of course the doctor looked in his mouth said yep its the same size as mine refer to your family doctor!! what a bunch of pricks… seriously… now he sits at home feeling like his throat is going to close up and is heart starts racing every time he does anything like standing up… Also he is not the only person to have experienced this kind of thing. check drugs . com potassium iodide side effects…

I find Piracetam (1600mg/day) and Choline (250-500mg/day) for a month will rev up your brain and relieve fog. Also maintaining a healthy diet, moderate exercise and omega 3 and iodine all helps as well. But the Piracetam gives you some pharmaceutical help! :slight_smile:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
Yes those were some of his symptoms.[/quote]

I’d have to agree with KSMan then, it must have been more than stated on the bottle.

Take a shit load of magnesium (no pun intended) and more selenium.

I did not react as bad as him and I took twice as much. I was feeling really crappy but his throat felt like it was closing up and his heart was beating irregular and fast when standing up and talking or using energy. I am fine now he is starting to feel better… I am not trying it again

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
I did not react as bad as him and I took twice as much. I was feeling really crappy but his throat felt like it was closing up and his heart was beating irregular and fast when standing up and talking or using energy. I am fine now he is starting to feel better… I am not trying it again[/quote]

That’s interesting. My wife has a thyroid problem and sometimes she feels just like that when she takes too much thyroid med. Look up “POTS” syndrome (it’s not something to smoke, it stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). She read up on it and people who get hyperthyroid or thyrotoxis can come down with that. She could be sitting down and then stand up, her heart rate would double and blood pressure would go up, anxiety feeling, feels like all the blood rushes to her head she says. Heart pounds, then feels like it “resets” she says and it goes away when she sits down. Weird stuff.

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
it came from vitamine shoppe a very popular place and huge store… Yes those were some of his symptoms. I was even sweating but i took a much higher dose then him he only took like half a pill… of course the doctor looked in his mouth said yep its the same size as mine refer to your family doctor!! what a bunch of pricks… seriously… now he sits at home feeling like his throat is going to close up and is heart starts racing every time he does anything like standing up… Also he is not the only person to have experienced this kind of thing. check drugs . com potassium iodide side effects…[/quote]

My younger brother works at vitamin shoppe. I came in last night while he was working looking for some of the iodine. He said the only thing he carries in the store is potassium iodine and that it is used for nuclear fallouts and then he called me a dumbass and laughed at me. so I ordered Iodoral from amazon.com

coulrophobia, I thought I had responded to you in another thread. It IS potassium iodide, which from some of my reading can/is used for nuclear fallout but I don’t know enough about it. I am using it- it is “Pure & Simple” and has posed no REAL problems for me like above

Potassium iodide for nuke reactor accidents is typically 130mg in a single pill.