Low T at 19 Years Old

-height: 6"0
-waist: 35
-weight: 210
-describe body and facial hair: slow growing facial hair, barely any body hair, small parts on my chest thats about it
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: I have gynecomastia since a teen(not drugs), majority of my fat is in my abdominal/hips.
-health conditions, symptoms [history]:
I have Hypothyroidism that I was diagnosed with about 2 years ago, ive been on Levothyroxine .075mcg but Im switching to 60mg of Armour.

Best way to describe what I’m feeling is basically like life is passing by me and im just doing nothing. I always feel tired throughout the day, lately I havent been very social and im somewhat always distracted or just slower in general. I have a feeling of being weak not strength wise just generally weak. I have no desire to talk to women or have sex, not that I’m socially awkward or anything, I just dont feel motivated, especially for sex.

I’ve been trying to lose weight for a while now, 5 days of strength training/cardio and doing intermittent fasting on a 2k caloric intake but yielding no results, ive been doing this for the past 6 months to a year.
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever :
Levothyroxine .075mcg
Vitamin d3- 5000iu daily
-lab results with ranges:

1 month old results:
TSH: 2.86, .050-4.30 Range
Testosterone Total: 297, range: 250-1100 ng/dl
Testosterone, bioavilable 181.3, range: 110-575 ng/dl
Testosterone, free: 82.9, range: 45-224pg/ML
Sex hormone binding: 9L, range: 10-50 nmol/L
Albumin, Serum 4.8, range: 3.6-5.1

6 month old results:
Testosterone, Total: 203, range: 240-1048
Vitamin D: 11, range: 25-80
Free Thyroxine: 1.4, .8-1.8 range
Prolactin: 10, range: 0.0-18.0
TSH: 2.62, range: .50-5.20

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]: Mainly home cooked meals, lots of greens. Fish/Turkey sandwiches.
-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]
Day 1 - Chest/Biceps
Day 2 - Shoulders
Day 3 - Legs
Day 4 - Back/Triceps
Day 5 - Cardio

-testes ache, ever, with a fever?: Sometimes my testicles ache but it maybe happens once a month.
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed, get morning wood maybe 2-3 times a week.

I’m pretty sure I have a testosterone problem, Ive been to 2 different General practitioners and an endocrinologist and they all say its related to my thyroid so they don’t want to put me on TRT. My thyroid levels are in normal range now and my test has still been low, I feel like its having a negative effect on my life, I have an appointment with a urologist in about a month, hoping he might help me with it. Judging from my numbers, what do you guys think?

You are not alone. You would profit by reading these:
http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=19+years+old

Thyroid:

If medication was effective, your TSH would be low, not elevated. Something is very wrong with your meds.

Check your body temperature when you wake up, problem if 97.3 or lower, ideal would be 97.7 . If you can’t get to 98.6 during the day, that is a problem. These are functional problems, not enough thyroid action to maintain body temperature.

Did the doctors ask you about your iodine intake to see of the problem was iodine deficiency? Read the “advice for new guys sticky” again noting body temperature, sea salt, iodized salt, iodine.

You can have great fT3 numbers and have a functional problem because elevated rT3 is blocking the action of fT3. How do you react to stress? What history of major stress events, surgeries, infections, accidents etc?

You are a low T type and many like that thrive quite well sexually. Fixing thyroid problems can increase T levels. You will have to wait and see.

Do you have cholesterol data?
DHEA-S data?

Never accept “normal” from doctors. That simply means that they are not going to do anything. You need to manage your own health care and that means having a greater and broader view point of the issues that the doctors.

[quote]KSman wrote:
You are not alone. You would profit by reading these:
http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=19+years+old

Thyroid:

If medication was effective, your TSH would be low, not elevated. Something is very wrong with your meds.

Check your body temperature when you wake up, problem if 97.3 or lower, ideal would be 97.7 . If you can’t get to 98.6 during the day, that is a problem. These are functional problems, not enough thyroid action to maintain body temperature.

Did the doctors ask you about your iodine intake to see of the problem was iodine deficiency? Read the “advice for new guys sticky” again noting body temperature, sea salt, iodized salt, iodine.

You can have great fT3 numbers and have a functional problem because elevated rT3 is blocking the action of fT3. How do you react to stress? What history of major stress events, surgeries, infections, accidents etc?

You are a low T type and many like that thrive quite well sexually. Fixing thyroid problems can increase T levels. You will have to wait and see.

Do you have cholesterol data?
DHEA-S data?

Never accept “normal” from doctors. That simply means that they are not going to do anything. You need to manage your own health care and that means having a greater and broader view point of the issues that the doctors.[/quote]

Thanks for the great response! I made sure to read all the stickies at the top before posting.

My body temperature has always been low, I always feel cold throughout the day, could be a steaming hot day in Summer and I’ll still feel like I need to put a hoodie on.

As far as iodine goes, my GP sent me to a endocrinologist and he never tested for anything iodine related. I don’t really have any major stress problems, I can react to stress just fine but I’ll sometimes feel overwhelmed.

Unfortunately my blood work from my GP doesn’t show cholestrol or DHEA-S on it.

The main problem is that the 2 different GP’s and my endo said that I’m too young to be experiencing testosterone problems and that it fluctuates and I just had mine tested at a bad time. All of them suggested a sleep study because they seem to be 100% sure that I have sleep apnea. I don’t really have any problems falling asleep or with waking up during sleep its just that when I do wake up, I usually feel exhausted still.

I just want to generate as much feedback as I can for when I meet with a urologist in about a month. I’m thinking of also calling my endo and switching from Levothyroxine to Armour since it seems to be favored by almost everyone with hypothyroidism.

Please check your temperatures and post.

Iodine: All a doctor needs to do is find out if you are using iodized salt. Rather complicated. You do not want to treat a [preventable] iodine deficiency with drugs.

Your feeling cold is a symptom of hypothyroidism, as is low T. Your thyroid meds should fix that. If not, not enough medication and, again, medication should bring down TSH.

Low cholesterol can reduce your hormone and vit-D levels.