It’s been on my mind for a long time to post here so here I am! It is going to be a little long and detailed as i am giving as much information as I can.
Follow up and About Me:
I am a 26 years old guy living in Central Europe. I am 170cm tall, my weight is between 60-65kg. I work as a software developer.
Since the primary school I had interest in sport activities such as cycling, skateboarding, swimming.
Not to say that for the last two years of primary school we had a tough cookie physical training teacher who made us run a lot of times and pretty much did not let us to be lazy.
At the beginning of middle school at around age 15 i stepped my foot in gym with my friends to gain some strength and muscle. It was just a hobby but i did what i could 3 times a week in the gym. My nutrition was okay.
But even before this, I sensed something was wrong. Despite I ate and slept enough, I had a comfortable place to live and a peaceful environment I was often tired, and have had headaches often. I wasn’t overtraining because there were weeks/times I didn’t really do any activity (for example, during winter). What I noticed is my energy levels weren’t high, I got depleted easily. Just by going to school and coming home drained me and my concentration level was not high either.
I was never overweight, I was average but with a constant layer of fat. At that time I didn’t know what is it, but I started developing gynecomastia and purple stretch marks.
I did not really start developing facial hair or chest hair, they came pretty late around my age of 22.
I thought all this will go away with time but it did not.
I could not bear with it anymore and decided to do everything I can. I went to the nearest hospital and explained everything.
2016.02, The doctor requested normal blood test plus Total Testosterone
- Total Testosterone came low 7.8nmol/l, which is 225 ng/dl
2016.03, Another blood test
- Please see the attached document.
Over the year:
- Blood tests
- Thyroid ultrasound - came OK, (little note: i know about iodine intake)
- Adrenal gland ultrasound - came OK,
- Testicles ultrasound - came OK
- Head MRI (no contrast) - came OK (test should have been with contrast?)
They basically had no idea what they were doing and sent me every test I mentioned above in 2016.
I had been reading a LOT by myself to understand what am I going through.
The latest blood test, see the attachments. Test is still low and things are off.
Symptoms, everything comes and goes:
- Headaches. Sometimes every other day, sometimes nothing for a week. Head MRI showed nothing though?
- Constant fatigue, I am tired most of the times no matter how much I sleep. What I noticed is I don’t sleep well or deep.
- No morning wood, sometimes there is.
- I have desire for sex but it varies.
- My stress level is high. I can’t really handle stressful situations.
- No energy. Anything can drain me easily.
- Concentration problems
- Even though I try to eat clean and rich in nutritions, I story a constant layer of fat. Especially chest, hip. But my limbs are average/thin
- Typical low T symptoms
- 26 years old
- 60 - 65kg
- Sport activities: swimming, cycling
- Food intake: Around x4 times a day, oatmeal, fish, chicken breast, sweet potato, rice, veggies (veggie soup i like), apple banana other fruits, multivitamin, fish oil, peanuts or other healthy nuts, i cook with coconut oil
- little hair on chest, underdeveloped facial hair (father has full beard)
So this is how I am now. I got rid off the gyno this year which I assume happened due the higher E2 and prolactin.
This thing is ruining my life since most of the times I feel awful. Needles to say the doctors here have no idea what they are doing or have to do so I am willing to get help elsewhere. I do understand that I will need to go to a professional.
But please, do advise me what shall I do.