Low T, 23 y/o, Blood Work Provided

5 months ago test level came back at 383. My test level when I was 18 was in the high 600s. I’m 23 and experiencing T symptoms. Is this low for my age and what should I do about it? Current test level below. Getting retested by doc in a month. Considering TRT…THOUGHTS? Can scan complete blood work form with everything if needed.

Ht: 5’9"
Wt: 170lbs
Hair: Facial hair grows for a little than stops, mainly have a beard scruff. Hair on legs, a little between pecs.
Libido: Have noticed a decline and loss of morning erections. Have noticed lower libido. Gym results not as good for time committed.

IGF1: 366 ng/mL (116-358)
Test Serum: 434 ng/dL (348-1197)
Free Test: 13.6 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)
Cortisol: 19 ug/dL (2.3-19.4)—>(6.2-19.4) for am and (2.3-11.9) for pm
TSH: 3.15 uIU/mL (.45-4.5)
Free T4: 1.52 ng/dL (.82-1.77)

Any blows to the nuts or whiplash/head injuries?

You said your test was in the 300’s 5 months ago, but the bloodwork you posted has it in the 400’s. Different test? Any other tests done?

Check out the bloodwork stickey and the advice for new guys stickey.

Your thyroid needs to be further evaluated for TPO, TGAB, ft3, ft4, rt3
One needs to look for underlying pathology to why t levels are especially at 23. TRT should be last resort as I have seen many idiot Drs do just masking deeper issues coming back to haunt people 4-5 years later. Find these cases common with neurotransmitter imbalance and many diffrent types of hidden issues Dr’s never look for in the first place. One would be a fool to go on HRT.

With a TSH of 3 i would bet you have low Free T3 levels. Please get the full thyroid panel Hardasnails suggested. Fixing thyroid will most likely boost t levels back to where they should be, it has in many cases.

I did spar in boxing before it happened and received one concussion from an inside hook. At the time it happened, I, at first, had trouble remembering what day of the week it was. That faded after about 1.5 hours. I didn’t want to go to the doctor. I was never tired. I did have a slight headache for a while and didn’t box after that day.

When I went to my endo, he said that if it were related to that, my test would by in the 200s. He was actually semi-offended saying…he had seen Iraq War patients from IED blasts and there was no way I experienced that… Could that one concussion have altered something?

I don’t want to rely on TRT if I don’t have to… Ill ask them to take: TPO, TGAB, ft3, ft4, rt3 . In the case where any of these are abnormal, what would they prescribe me? Synthroid? I’d like to be informed of possible solutions so I can choose the best one.
THANKS

[quote]jmart wrote:
I did spar in boxing before it happened and received one concussion from an inside hook. At the time it happened, I, at first, had trouble remembering what day of the week it was. That faded after about 1.5 hours. I didn’t want to go to the doctor. I was never tired. I did have a slight headache for a while and didn’t box after that day.

When I went to my endo, he said that if it were related to that, my test would by in the 200s. He was actually semi-offended saying…he had seen Iraq War patients from IED blasts and there was no way I experienced that… Could that one concussion have altered something?

I don’t want to rely on TRT if I don’t have to… Ill ask them to take: TPO, TGAB, ft3, ft4, rt3 . In the case where any of these are abnormal, what would they prescribe me? Synthroid? I’d like to be informed of possible solutions so I can choose the best one.
THANKS[/quote]
If high Rt3 possibley T3 only but never take synthroid its a load of crap you need natural dessicated thyroid with both T3 and T4 in it. Get the full panel done privately if your doc wont and post the results here.

UPDATE:
Had the complete panel taken along with test levels. Most recent bloodwork below… taken at 8:30am this time. Last results listed were taken at approximately noon. The only high was prolactin which was not taken previously. Test levels are better, but still low for a 23 y/o in the morning.
Any suggestions about ways to increase testosterone through thyroid? Is TRT warranted?

LH: 8.1 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 5.9 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)

Test Serum: 461 ng/dL (348-1197)—>I feel is low all facts considered
Free Test: 13.7 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)

Cortisol: 14 ug/dL (2.3-19.4)
Prolactin: 19.3 ng/mL (4.0-15.2)—>HIGH over the range
IGF-1: 338 ng/mL

TSH: 4.47 uIU/mL (.450-4.500) —> HIGH
Free T4: 1.34 ng/dL (.82-1.77)
TPO: 11 IU/mL (0-34)
Antithyroglobulin Ab: <20 IU/mL (0-40)
T3 Serum: 31.8 ng/dL (13.5-34.2)—>HIGH
Free Triiodothyronine: 3.7 pg/mL (2.0-4.4)

I would look at thyroid for answers. Weird that TSH was so high with good (even optimal ) T3/T4 values and no indications of auto-immune disorders. Maybe post that onto a thyroid speciality board to see if someone has answers. I have never seen that before. Strange.

Thanks for the response. Would you recommend a certain board in particular fro thyroid? What about the prolactin? The high GH levels plus high prolactin could be a tumor…or am I just being a hypochondriac? Also is 464 @ 8:30am abnormal for a 23 yr old?

[quote]jmart wrote:
Thanks for the response. Would you recommend a certain board in particular fro thyroid? What about the prolactin? The high GH levels plus high prolactin could be a tumor…or am I just being a hypochondriac? Also is 464 @ 8:30am abnormal for a 23 yr old?[/quote]

Thyroid board - www.thyroidboards.com/