Low T, 20 Yrs Old, Need Guidance

Ok here’s my story. At 18 a guy sold me a prohormones, told me it was safe and harmless, I didn’t know what I was doing took it. Dumb I know, no need to bash. It was Alpha 1-Maxx so that just added to it. Didn’t really start feeling like shit until a year after, or At least didnt realize it. Got my first bloods pulled January of this year, then April, the just two weeks ago.
TT: 287 547 (This was the day after easter and I ate myself into a coma) and 307 just recently
Free: 47 93 73
LH: 6.0
FSH: 1.9
TSH: 1.9 so I am good there.
I feel like crap and dont have much libido, and I am still training, but cant keep going like this. I am a junior in college and actually am pretty smart. Earned a full ride here, but kinda getting foggy. Reached out to a physician I know and am going to start clomid at 25mg a day, trying to boost my HPTA back into gear. Want to see an Endo, but am looking at not being able to get in until October. So it has been over a year and half since I took that crap and I was wondering if you guys had any help? Don’t want to be fucked at 20, I am supposed to be living life. Please share your info, but do not bash. Thank you.

We always need lab ranges which are specific to lab units and to the lab company involved. Some FT ranges can be 5x higher than others.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin

• thyroid TSH, fT3, fT4 - please not T3, T4 or indexes etc.

Training with young guys with low T and low thyroid function often is fueled by adrenalin which stresses the adrenals and a degree of adrenal fatigue can occur with elevated rT3 [reverse] that interferes with the active thyroid hormone fT3. Low thyroid function creates mostly the same symptoms as low T. So you probably have double the trouble. Thyroid issues are very common with guys who come here and yes, they almost all have “normal” thyroid labs.

We have many guys your age with similar issues. So many come here… prevalence in general population is a lot lower than what see here as these guys self select to come here seeking answers. Some cases are simply spontaneous, others have prohormones as factors. It may be that some have brittle HPTA’s where things like prohormones simple bring hormone failures forward in time that were going to occur anyways. But some drugs are clearly a cause such as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors used to lower DHT to combat hair loss.

Thyroid: TSH=1.9 is a problem - because thyroid lab ranges are bogus. TSH should be closer to 1.0 and yours may be elevated from not using iodized salt or vitamins that list 150 mcg [micrograms] iodine. This is not trivial to your case. Please eval via oral body temperatures as per below.

25mg clomid can be too much as high LH/FSH can cause a lot of testicular T–>E2, serum E2 can be too high and T–>E2 inside the testes cannot be controlled by a competitive AI such as anastrozole.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • HPTA restart
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Ok I will read further. I read some on the thyroid. My body temp is has been around 98 to 98.4 when I have checked it, but I will start checking it in the morning. I believe I get enough salt in my diet, but how do you recommend more? Here are the ranges I have.
FSH: 1.5-12.4
TSH: .5-4.4
LH:1.7-8.6
Could the mixture of say depression, high amounts of stress, and lifting also be contributing? I am afraid the prohormone fried my HPTA and that I am screwed. Just want to be normal, so hoping some form of restart works.