Low Sex Drive, a Sign of Age?

Hi to all,
My name’s Dave and I’ve a problem.
A big problem.

Soon I’ll be 34. And looking at my last year I have to admit that somwthing went in the wrong direction…

2010 was a good but really full of “battles” year. New job, more and more responasibilities (sp?). In december after about 1 year I got a big promotion (I’m a software engineer working in the military field, now i’m in chief of my division). My own gym went good… I have got a bodyguard certification and in the next days I’ll start a Hashita training course…

Add family, my lady, our little baby (she’s 4), the diet and the training and here I’m: an happy, really happy man. But also a very busy bastard.

After the summer (in August I took a 15 days breack) I was in good shape (101kg at 17%, now i’m 96 at a lower bf, 14%) but in the Autumn I start to see some changing: less libido (I always be a man of big libido…) and sometimes i lost “morning erection”. I had problem having sex right after wake-up…

I never had this kind of problems… now they came and go (I cannot find a clue…)

So, I’m checking all the variables…
Diet: high fat, high protein (around x3 bw/day), low carbo diet (under 100gr/die)
Training is ok, I workout using a one day-one muscle split with very fast movements:
Day1: back
Day2: biceps
Day3: chest
Day4: shoulder
Day5: rest
Day6: triceps (and Hashita)
Dat7: rest
Day8: quads
Day9: hamstring
Day10: rest
Rewind…

Job: I have 2 jobs, as software engineer and as personal trainer. Sometimes I work as bouncer and bodyguard. Usually I’m at work 14hrs/day…

Supplments: creatine, whey, omega3, arginine… nothing more

My relation. it’s strong and healthy… She’s my baby :). We share diet, training, life concept… and she’s very hot…

I don’t know… but I don’t like this “libido yo-yo”… :\

some blame it on old age but doesn’t have to be. exhaustion? over training? those can drive down test levels. try maybe a simpler training split, keep it a 3 days a week of lifting, try getting a little more sleep? try a test booster. or test.

FYI, 34 is not old age. Sounds like you are overworked, 14 hours a day working/training doesn’t leave much time for anything else. And if you don’t use it, you lose it.

^^^^^

What she said.

I’m 43 and it still bordeers on a mania.

Check out the T-replacement forum. Read the stickies, read the stories, etc. Could indicate a serious medical problem. Probably not age related. Lifestyle related, medically related, but not age related.

Get some bloodwork. The details are over there.

Check out the T-replacement forum. Read the stickies, read the stories, etc. Could indicate a serious medical problem. Probably not age related. Lifestyle related, medically related, but not age related.

Get some bloodwork. The details are over there.

[quote]dianab wrote:
FYI, 34 is not old age. Sounds like you are overworked, 14 hours a day working/training doesn’t leave much time for anything else. And if you don’t use it, you lose it.[/quote]

Sadly I can’t use it as much as I would. My lady lives in a different town and we can stay together only 3 days/week

I know 14hrs on 24 it’s a bit too much… but how can I do? My day is
wake up-work-eat-work-train-eat-sleep-wake up…

for at least half of the week. In the other 3 days I train less and enjoy my lady :wink:

[quote]SportsPT wrote:

Get some bloodwork. The details are over there. [/quote]

My bloodworks are in line.
I need to perform a T and E test but other value are ok ( i check them every 3months, i’m a blood giver…)

Also I don’t smoke, no alcool, neither drugs.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
some blame it on old age but doesn’t have to be. exhaustion? over training? those can drive down test levels. try maybe a simpler training split, keep it a 3 days a week of lifting, try getting a little more sleep? try a test booster. or test. [/quote]

I’m training with this split cause i have problem with 3days split.
They are longer… ED training allow me to do heavy but short-in-time training sessions…

thank you very much for the help

Oh,
please note that the normative values they give will presume your levels suck… 400, is NOT good. Well within heart attack zones.

I’ve been on TRT for 2 years and can’t get levels right. I feel best > 500… But rarely get enough t to get there.

[quote]Null wrote:
Oh,
please note that the normative values they give will presume your levels suck… 400, is NOT good. Well within heart attack zones.

I’ve been on TRT for 2 years and can’t get levels right. I feel best > 500… But rarely get enough t to get there.
[/quote]

Sorry, I have problem understanding your sentences.
Are you talking about T level in the blood?
How much T do you used in your TRT?

go to the T replacement thread and read the stickies. Please. Do yourself a favor.

I would love to be on the protocol as elaborated in the T-replacement stickies…

Currently, 3 grams of the compounded 5% cream. I’ve inched up from 1 gram, but can’t get levels up to the heart protective levels. It is almost as if I hit a plateau and then crash again. Probably is crazy, but seems to relate to time of year, level of stress, sleep, workout intensity.

Quality of life is better for a while with each increase. I had a time at higher and felt great, but ran out of extra (overlapping prescriptions…). I have the usual subjective symptoms and the recede with more T.

I see doc, in a week and a half. Going to ask for 6 grams a day or the protocol (I’ll print and bring)…

[quote]Null wrote:
I would love to be on the protocol as elaborated in the T-replacement stickies…

Currently, 3 grams of the compounded 5% cream. I’ve inched up from 1 gram, but can’t get levels up to the heart protective levels. It is almost as if I hit a plateau and then crash again. Probably is crazy, but seems to relate to time of year, level of stress, sleep, workout intensity.

Quality of life is better for a while with each increase. I had a time at higher and felt great, but ran out of extra (overlapping prescriptions…). I have the usual subjective symptoms and the recede with more T.

I see doc, in a week and a half. Going to ask for 6 grams a day or the protocol (I’ll print and bring)…[/quote]
Some guys just cannot absorb the transdermals properly and need to switch to injections. It can be due to a thyroid problem.

You might also look into sleep apnea. Have your sleeping partner pay attention to you as you sleep and if you snore or stop breathing get a sleep study.

Not getting good sleep will lower your Test levels as well as sex drive.