Low Rep/High Rep Cycle?

In high school we had this program called Low rep and High rep cycle. That would make us increase our one rep max in every lift every time. We would test in bench, squat, and clean and jerk.

For example your bench would be 300. You would look up 300 and it would give you each set, reps, and what weight to use.

I graduated in 1990 so I don’t know if many people know about this. Any input will be very appreciated.

Cheers Rick

[quote]rjerez wrote:
In high school we had this program called Low rep and High rep cycle. That would make us increase our one rep max in every lift every time. We would test in bench, squat, and clean and jerk.

For example your bench would be 300. You would look up 300 and it would give you each set, reps, and what weight to use.

I graduated in 1990 so I don’t know if many people know about this. Any input will be very appreciated.

Cheers Rick
[/quote]

your coaches might have made it up. they don’t always have to get it from somewhere.

I graduated in '89 and I remember in high school getting my hands on a workout that sounds something like that:

The rep scheme was 10-8-6-4-2 and the weights were determined by your 1RM. The first two were basically warm-ups and the last three were heavy.

I lost my only copy of the chart years ago and haven’t been able to find a copy since. If you find anything, be sure and post on here, those were some fun workouts.