I tried some today,
60kg x10
100kg x 5
140kg x 5
180kg x5
220kg x 2
230kg FAIL
180x 1

I tired myself out on the heaviest set and couldn't get enough volume in.
Would you guys forsake the heaviest set and perhaps add in a lot volume on 180/190kg? Any feedback is useful guys.

What are you trying to get out of the rack pulls?

220-230kg pull from the floor. I am working my way down the powerrack pins.
It's about mid shin 3rd hole.

Lol no I meant are you using them as an overload tool so your weights feel lighter or a way to get more volume in with a less taxing deadlift like movement.

If you're using it to get more volume in (which rereading your post you seem to be) then I'd say keep it a little lighter and just get the reps in, but if you're using it to feel some heavier weights then I'd keep the weight high and get some volume in somewhere else.

Also, if you're working your way down to pulling from the floor I know T3hPwnisher uses (used?) that type of training so his input would be great if you could get it.

A bit more volume would help. I've always wanted to do this but will wait until my deadlift stalls:

https://www.T-Nation.com/training/boost-your-deadlift-40-pounds-in-6-weeks

I would adjust the weights so that technique isn't thrown completely out the door. I think putting on 20-30 lbs is doable.

x2 on T3hPwnisher being a good resource.

I've been refraining from commenting just because I don't feel like the rack pull is an effective tool for this approach. The point of contact is with the bar rather than the plates, meaning that the mechanics tend to be pretty different compared to a deadlift. It also has the issue of being incredibly jarring on the eccentric, and makes it really difficult to have any 2 reps be the same, since the starting position tends to shift.

If you want to use ROM progression as a method, I would find a way to make the plates be the point of contact. I like using rubber patio pavers, but AnytimeJake cut up some boards and stacked them on top of each other. I've known other folks that pulled off of bumper plates. Just something where you can make small gradual changes.

Directly addressing the topic, in my experience, you'll want to be able to pull a fair number of reps from a higher position with a weight if you want to eventually transfer it down to the floor. Usually, the heavier the weight (respective to your 1rm), the more reps you lose transitioning from below the knee to the floor. If I pull a 12rm, I might not lose a single rep, but if I start at my knees and can only pull 7 reps with the weight, I'll be lucky if I can pull it for a double by the end of the cycle.

If your goal is to pull 220kg off the floor, you're probably going to have to be able to pull it about 6-8 times from below the knee.

Thanks for the input guys.