Low Protein Day

CT, if I remember correctly (which is quesyionable) you said a while ago that you have one low protein day per week. Is this an ongoing thing or was it just a temporary experiment? And what are/ were the reasons for including this in the diet?

[quote]Gym Savvy wrote:
CT, if I remember correctly (which is quesyionable) you said a while ago that you have one low protein day per week. Is this an ongoing thing or was it just a temporary experiment? And what are/ were the reasons for including this in the diet?[/quote]

It’s ongoing… when protein intake is always high, the body adapts to that level of protein intake an increase protein use for energy, when that happens you need more and more protein to grow and losing fat is much harder (because you are using more protein for energy). By throwing in a low protein day per week (and pulsing) you keep your body from doing that.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Gym Savvy wrote:
CT, if I remember correctly (which is quesyionable) you said a while ago that you have one low protein day per week. Is this an ongoing thing or was it just a temporary experiment? And what are/ were the reasons for including this in the diet?[/quote]

It’s ongoing… when protein intake is always high, the body adapts to that level of protein intake an increase protein use for energy, when that happens you need more and more protein to grow and losing fat is much harder (because you are using more protein for energy). By throwing in a low protein day per week (and pulsing) you keep your body from doing that.[/quote]

Coach Thib, when you throw in a low protein day, what are the parameters that you follow?

For example, is there a certain amount of protein you limit yourself to on those days? And if there is a specific amount, do you consume most of that amount at a particular time (i.e. in the evening)?

Lastly, when you lower your protein, are you increasing carbs or fats at all?

Thanks for your response.

[quote]Serd wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Gym Savvy wrote:

It’s ongoing… when protein intake is always high, the body adapts to that level of protein intake an increase protein use for energy, when that happens you need more and more protein to grow and losing fat is much harder (because you are using more protein for energy). By throwing in a low protein day per week (and pulsing) you keep your body from doing that.[/quote]

Coach Thib, when you throw in a low protein day, what are the parameters that you follow?

For example, is there a certain amount of protein you limit yourself to on those days? And if there is a specific amount, do you consume most of that amount at a particular time (i.e. in the evening)?

Lastly, when you lower your protein, are you increasing carbs or fats at all?

Thanks for your response. [/quote]

I have my peri-workout protein (PLAZMA and 1 or 2 MAG-10 PULSES) but try to consume almost zero protein after that. Obviously carbs are increased (not fat since fat is mostly found in high protein food). So it is both a carb-load day and a protein resensitization day.

Excellent, thank you very much for your help sir

If you’re not training on a given low-protein day do you pulse with any MAG-10, or go completely–or as close to zero as possible–without protein?

Also, do you think it’s best to place your low protein day on a training or non-training day. That is, is the low protein day more likely to impede performance or recovery–especially considering that if you go low protein on training days you still use Plazma/MAG-10?
Thanks,

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
If you’re not training on a given low-protein day do you pulse with any MAG-10, or go completely–or as close to zero as possible–without protein?

Also, do you think it’s best to place your low protein day on a training or non-training day. That is, is the low protein day more likely to impede performance or recovery–especially considering that if you go low protein on training days you still use Plazma/MAG-10?
Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

No pulsing, it’s as low as possible. The only possible thing to use is PLAZMA if you train. Do you train on a low protein day? You can, but it has to be something less mechanically demanding like a neural charge session or beach work (biceps, abs, etc.)