T Nation

Low Impact Time Efficient Conditoning Ideas

What are some conditioning ideas that are time efficient and cost efficient. I stated low impact because I’m in the middle of sporting season and don’t want my lower back or knees to be sore.

Kettlebell Swings
Rowing Machine
Exercise Bike Sprints

If you have access to a swimming pool, HIIT with swimming or an exercise bike are both awesome choices and both are pretty joint and lower back friendly. Crosstrainers are also a viable option.

Take several techniques from your sport. Then repeat them, many times.

Walk…it is “functional”, time and cost effective. Check out the article on walking your way to shredded on T Nation, it is excellent advice, especially if you do a regular resistance program. Highly effective and very simple.

If you’re in the middle of the actual season, your “conditioning” will be regular practice, skill work, and games/matches/meets, for whatever your sport is.

Doing extra conditioning on top of weekly games/matches and team practice is unnecessary during the season because that’s when your entire focus should be on performing well on game day, not building your conditioning.

Weekend Softball nothing to serious, but after a week of work and lifting could take a toll.

tack one of these onto your workouts…