Low Free Testosterone Level (Blood Work Included)

As you can see, total T looks ok but free T is low…
Also FSH looks to be on the low side.

I took this test at 1130 am which is half way through the day for me since I wake up around 6 am.

could taking the test late in the day have cause my free T levels to be low?

Here is more blood work from 02.04.17
Testosterone

Lipids

TSH

We will need a lot more information.

Post all labs work, not just these hormones.

Why were you tested? Symptoms and time lines please.

Your SHBG is probably quite high, creating a lot of non-bioavailable SHBG+T that reduces FT and inflates TT that then overstates TT.

You have more problems than lab time of day. Few doctors will appreciate or understand the above sentence, and you need to read it a few times as well.

Other directions and suggestions will follow to your providing more info.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

1 Like

I added soome more blood work from 02.04.17
I know its not comprehensive but I was totally unaware of my low FT levels.
Im currently 5 days into a test p/ avar cycle so getting bw done now would be pointless as I know my T levels are surging.

Some symptoms that I was experiencing:
Moodyness
low energy
slow to get lean but easy to gain weight
small testes ( size of a large grape)

After starting the cycle that Im currently on I can tell a major difference in mood and sense of well being. Its almost like a night and day difference.

Please see link to my other thread for more back story.

Thanks KSman