Low Fat Bars/Cookies/Treats

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
SOp that sounds great. WIll make up a batch
[/quote]

Post pics when you do pls… I’m oddly curious what those are supposed to turn out like.[/quote]

These aren’t mine, from the webpage.[/quote]

Oh, those do look pretty good. So kinda like apple pop tarts except no filling, everything just mixed together. I get it now…[/quote]

Will be sure to make thse. Look great

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
SOp that sounds great. WIll make up a batch
[/quote]

Post pics when you do pls… I’m oddly curious what those are supposed to turn out like.[/quote]

These aren’t mine, from the webpage.[/quote]

Oh, those do look pretty good. So kinda like apple pop tarts except no filling, everything just mixed together. I get it now…[/quote]

Will be sure to make thse. Look great[/quote]

They are great! I would suggest adding some raisins, they make them that much better. Mind you that’s if you like raisins.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Good question. Will be interested in stu’s answer and any others.

I will place a guess that Stu would not be getting enough Sugar (glucose fructose combo) from the amount of pop tarts and sweets he in takes to cause any problem. Now Facko, myslef, and others who do backloading with significant amounts of food with sugar that would be interesting

Just another reason to make your own treats[/quote]

Lol, guys, I’m not downing cakes and ice creams to met my carb #s here. When I do opt for what most people seem to think are unclean carb sources, they’ve all got relatively low-no fat in them. People hear “pop-tarts” are freak out, but the amount of actual fats is pretty much nothing in terms of daily #s, as well as amounts you would want to stay under for a P+C feeding.

As to the whole Glucose - Fructose thing,… sure Glucose refills your muscle glycoen levels quicker, BUT, I’ve read a few pretty knowledgeable (not just book smarts, but real world Pros and Prep guys) folks (Drs actually) who say that even though Fructose has to go to the Liver 1st, it still gets converted and used just as any other sugar would. So as long as you’ve got a decent combo of both, you’re fine (imagine taking a protein blend where the whey starts absorbing immediately, and then the casein kicks in after a little bit).

S

Stu that is what i figured. The amount of carbs you get form those sources will be pretty small compared to the rest of the macros. How much fat are in you pop tarts stu?

Facko where do you get your poptarts?

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Stu that is what i figured. The amount of carbs you get form those sources will be pretty small compared to the rest of the macros. How much fat are in you pop tarts stu?

Facko where do you get your poptarts?[/quote]

I don’t have a box handy (at work), but I imagine it can’t be much more than 5g or else I would have taken notice.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Facko where do you get your poptarts?[/quote]

I don’t have a box handy (at work), but I imagine it can’t be much more than 5g or else I would have taken notice.

S[/quote]

I try to keep it even lower than the ones that have 3g. I found some like that so those might be the ones you have.

I did find some cereal that is very low fat. And its walmart brand so its really cheap! Cinnamon toast crunch, captin crunch, and apple jax. Very low fat. The apple jax say 0 fat per serving. So probably .49 but still nice and low

The extra benefit of Cinnamon Toast Crunch: brings one back to being a kid and thinking that it was just the best cereal imaginable. Unlike Cookie Crisp, it actually lived up to the image it presented.

Cinnamon toast crunch was alaways my favorite cereal as a kid. Then they came out with PB toast crunch and that stole my heart. Gawd that stuff is amazing.

Liking that walmart is making more cheap food for me to buy. As much as I hate their company i am too cheap to not buy stuff there