Low Fat Bars/Cookies/Treats

I know this goes against what lots of the nutrition area has been doing but does anyone have some good recipes for low fat bars/cookies/breads ect. Looking for some stuff for my backloads. I love all those things but many have more fat than i want during my backloads. I want my fat sources during the day and carbs at night. Pro all the time DUH.

I would rather not buy low carb stuff just because i do like to control the ingredients and some of those ingredietn labels scare the shit out of me. I did some searching on here but came up pretty empty for recipes for these types of things

For something like CBL, the best treat I can think of are chewy granola bars. Oats, honey/maple syrup, a little bit of coconut oil, and any other dried fruit/chocolate you want. High carb, low fat, and awesome.

I make a banana bread from the following:

1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or rice flour or just white flour
1/2 cup Natural No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
1 large Egg
3 scoops 100% Whey
3 ripe medium bananas
1/3 cups 60% dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder

Mix dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips). In separate bowl mash up the three ripe bananas. Add banana mush and egg to the mix and mix until no dry powder remains. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake in a greased or non-stick bread pan at 325 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.

You could add more flour and take away some whey to make it higher carb. 1 scoop of my whey is about 1/3 cup. This bread is actually sweet enough without sugar. I actually used to use a 1/4 cup of sugar, but then forgot it one time. My wife told me she couldn’t tell the difference. The kids eat it too. If you use ripe enough bananas they provide enough sweetness. The applesauce helps with mixing it together, but you don’t need it. I routinely make it without apple sauce, you just need to stir longer to mix it together.

I know I found a tub of low fat cookie dough ice cream in my local food store last year during a refeed. Ate the whole thing in one sitting :slight_smile:

Honestly, for low-fat carb feedings, I’ve been relying a lot on my usual Pop Tarts, but recently I discovered Weight Watchers Bakery Items (Carrot Cake, Brownies etc). Definitely makes life easier when you’re trying to get in ridiculous amounts of carbs -lol.

S

LOL… I never thought about that. Stu you should be the poster boy for weight watchers…

“After my workout, I consume a box of weight watchers brownies to replenish my glycogen stores”

Ds- sounds good. I will for sure try that

Ashy: i do fat ice cream on back days and legs days. Gets expensive since i eat the whole 1.5 liters in one sitting

Stu: for me i always condsidered poptarts to be a bit too high in fat. What kind to you get? 6g per tart normall. I will to see how expensive those treats are

I got a fresh baked baguette(sp?) from costco. AMAZING! so good especailly with some honey, fat free cream cheese, or low fat cheese melted on top. Have to have it slilghtly toasted. SO so good

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Honestly, for low-fat carb feedings, I’ve been relying a lot on my usual Pop Tarts, but recently I discovered Weight Watchers Bakery Items (Carrot Cake, Brownies etc). Definitely makes life easier when you’re trying to get in ridiculous amounts of carbs -lol.

S[/quote]

I haven’t had poptarts in years, then I read Stu talking about them. I used them for some CBLs and they were great!!

I got this recipe from elitefts, made them a few times and they were tasty.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
3 Egg Whites
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3 cups Old Fashion Oats
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Applesauce

Optional: (I donâ??t use these)
1/4 cup I Canâ??t Believe Itâ??s Not Butter
1 cup Raisins
1 Banana

Directions:
Blend all ingredients together. You may add more applesauce if mixture is too dry. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes or until brown.

Trader Joes Rice Krispy Treats

I was thinking of Rice Krispies Treats as well.

Also, Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

OR:

Large bowl of: Oatmeal+Brown Sugar+ Fat Free Cottage Cheese= NOM. My only reservation about the above-described recipes is that they sound like real pains in the ass to make, especially when you’re wanting to make a veritable sh**ton of it. The nice thing about Oats+BS+FFCC is that it’s an easy repeat player: if you can handle more, then it’s easy to rustle up.

I’ve been sticking with basically nonfat ice cream and kids cereal, though, basically for the reasons that you described in the OP. I’m going to give Oatmeal+Brown Sugar+FFCC a go tomorrow, which I’m assuming will be epic.

SOp that sounds great. WIll make up a batch

gabex: i completely forgot about rice krispies thank you

Command: oatmeal is already a staple lol. Oatmeal 8-10oz dry + pro powder + a bit of flax seed meal for txture + cinnamon. Makes the most delicious thing on earth. Also add in peanut flour sometimes. Nom Nom. Never tried FFCC but i have done FF greek yogurt. That is also amazing Non fat ice cream is a staple on carb loads for leg and back day

Ryan…I like to eat low fat poptarts on my high carb low fat days. 2 tarts …5g fat…75g carbs

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
[/quote]

Post pics when you do pls… I’m oddly curious what those are supposed to turn out like.

Facko: where do you get those? I have never seen them before.

Maf: i am in the process of moving right now and will be moved in by sunday but then upacking starts so not sure when i will be able to try it because i will need the proper utensils

Keep the ideas coming though this is great.

Serious though if anyone shops at costco pick up a fresh baugette and toast it with some FF cream cheese on it. A little bit of low fat cheese on top of that. SO GOOD!!!

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
[/quote]

Post pics when you do pls… I’m oddly curious what those are supposed to turn out like.[/quote]

These aren’t mine, from the webpage.

Baked potato chips and crackers

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
[/quote]

Post pics when you do pls… I’m oddly curious what those are supposed to turn out like.[/quote]

These aren’t mine, from the webpage.[/quote]

Oh, those do look pretty good. So kinda like apple pop tarts except no filling, everything just mixed together. I get it now…

For Stu and the rest of you guys that load up on cakes and ice cream, I was just wondering don’t they contain too much sugar which is essentially half glucose and half fructose, with the fructose not really helping with the glycogen loading but actually being detrimental as far as fat gain?
Not trying to be a stickler or rain on the carb parade because I binge and love to put away a half gallon of ice cream with whip cream and added chocolate chips frequently when I don’t care about body composition. That’s after a whole Dominos pie too. Was just curious that’s all.

Good question. Will be interested in stu’s answer and any others.

I will place a guess that Stu would not be getting enough Sugar (glucose fructose combo) from the amount of pop tarts and sweets he in takes to cause any problem. Now Facko, myslef, and others who do backloading with significant amounts of food with sugar that would be interesting

Just another reason to make your own treats

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Baked potato chips and crackers[/quote]

Dont like either of those but good idea for anyone who does