Low-Fat Avacado

So I grabbed some avocados that were on sale at Publix a few days ago, and didn’t really examine them. 99 cents per avacado was a good deal. Anyway, I’m making some bacon and avacado salad today, and as I peel off the label, I realize it says “Slimcado! 35% less calories and 50% less fat!”

Fuck me. What is this puke-green bastardized sham of my beloved avacado?! See for yourself.

Pfffff, why eat the avo if not for the fat!?

Another great addition to a “fat-free” diet world.

Yeah, and they taste like shit too! I don’t understand why you would take something that is good for you and then cut out what is good and try to make it “healthier.” This is one of the dumbest ideas yet.

Avocados are already healthy. Duh!

Just eat two.

What’s next, low fiber beans? Low protein tilapia?

I dont really think these are aimed at body builders. I know plenty of people who could benefit from a low fat avocado because they are overweight and “Love Avocado!!!” and order extra on top of their salad. A few hundred calories worth of avocado adds up.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
What’s next, low fiber beans? Low protein tilapia?[/quote]

Oh man, I have a great new marketing idea. We could make MILLIONS on this new “craze” in the food industry. Let’s get together and work with one of the major food companies to help them sell more crap to people so we can get rich in the process!!!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Oh man, I have a great new marketing idea. We could make MILLIONS on this new “craze” in the food industry. Let’s get together and work with one of the major food companies to help them sell more crap to people so we can get rich in the process!!![/quote]

Low fat olive oil?

Wow, i never saw this coming.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Oh man, I have a great new marketing idea. We could make MILLIONS on this new “craze” in the food industry. Let’s get together and work with one of the major food companies to help them sell more crap to people so we can get rich in the process!!!

Low fat olive oil?[/quote]

Dammit man! This is between me and Doug Adams.

We will be selling low-fat versions of olive oil, butter, eggs and several other products!

I bought the same one on mistake. This is worse than damn low fat peanutbutter.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Oh man, I have a great new marketing idea. We could make MILLIONS on this new “craze” in the food industry. Let’s get together and work with one of the major food companies to help them sell more crap to people so we can get rich in the process!!![/quote]

Sounds like a sweet idea. I’m thinking of other products we could pitch.

Well, there’s already low carb Gatorade and low carb beer…

…and TC already wrote something about low protein protein powder…hmmm

The low fat olive oil is brilliant. Oh wait! Low fat coconuts! That sounds like a good one too. Name it Nococonuts. Yesssss!

You should have picked up some low protein steak to go along with it.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
rsg wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Dammit man! This is between me and Doug Adams.

We will be selling low-fat versions of olive oil, butter, eggs and several other products!

[/quote]

Nate, I don’t believe you’ve got a patent, so now it’s my idea. I’ll send you a giftcard for my products in the mail. :slight_smile:

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I guarantee that if someone did this, it would actually sell and work very well. The majority of the population is confused, naive and just plain dumb.

Bacon, avocado salad?

Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. This rivals the dynamic duo of chocolate and peanut butter.

How is this made?

[quote]bino wrote:
Bacon, avocado salad?

Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. This rivals the dynamic duo of chocolate and peanut butter.

How is this made?[/quote]

4 slices bacon (or more)
3 avocados, halved and pitted
1/2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Lay the bacon in a saute pan and bake for 15 minutes, until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and let it drain for a couple of minutes.

Scoop out each half of the avocado using an oversized spoon and arrange on a platter. Scatter the watercress over the avocado and crumble the bacon over the top. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

The second part of your OP made me laugh…funny stuff.

Man I love guacamole. The Publix by my place is crap, I only go there for the bascis, but, there are hawt women in there, so it balances out.

End Random post.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Low fat olive oil?[/quote]

Funny you should mention that, because I’ve heard mention of “Fat-Free Canola Oil” on this site. It might be a joke/myth, but given this avocado scandal, I guess anything is possible.

Shocking!