Low Estradiol Question

There can be a rebound because the aromatase enzymes that are blocked are not accounted for when the cell decides how many it wants to make. Therefore there are actually more enzymes. When the inhibitor metabolizes you get all these extra enzymes converting T->E2. Rebound is a term they use to imply that not only the opposite is happening but to a greater degree than your baseline. In hypertensive meds for instance, if someone discontinues some of those meds the BP can skyrocket to stroke and MI territory quite easily.

No matter what changes in your body there are always compensatory mechanisms at work. Either known or unknown. A lot remains to be explained in medicine.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
There can be a rebound because the aromatase enzymes that are blocked are not accounted for when the cell decides how many it wants to make. Therefore there are actually more enzymes. When the inhibitor metabolizes you get all these extra enzymes converting T->E2. Rebound is a term they use to imply that not only the opposite is happening but to a greater degree than your baseline. In hypertensive meds for instance, if someone discontinues some of those meds the BP can skyrocket to stroke and MI territory quite easily.

No matter what changes in your body there are always compensatory mechanisms at work. Either known or unknown. A lot remains to be explained in medicine.[/quote]

So basically my estrogen will snap up pretty high and then taper back down since I am now off my AI?

correct. supplements that support healthy metabolism of E should help. Maybe some DIM and/or anything that supports a healthy liver in general. If it’s low to begin with, probably not a huge concern. It would be temporary anyway.

My doc took me off of .5mg twice a week, he said for me to stop taking it, told me there was some new research, then said to stop taking it.

[quote]westgl wrote:
My doc took me off of .5mg twice a week, he said for me to stop taking it, told me there was some new research, then said to stop taking it.

[/quote]

Wonder what research Dr. Vague had in mind…

Well I’ve been off my AI for about 2 weeks now, and early returns are that I may have found my problem. Weighed in under 200 for the first time this morning. Hopefully it’s fat and not muscle from the elevated E2!